Finally Held It Open In Turn One At Brainerd!

Well on my second visit to Brainerd International Raceway I was finally able to hold it wide open into one. I was also able to shave 6 seconds off my lap time since my first visit. Damn that is a fast track, now I'm hooked on it and will only have 2 more likely chances to try to get better. Now I just to have to grow bigger cohones to hold it open through 2, the runoff there is a little scary. Any Brainerd specific tips from any who have ridden it. I'm still pumped about it 2 days later!

Well on my second visit to Brainerd International Raceway I was finally able to hold it wide open into one. I was also able to shave 6 seconds off my lap time since my first visit. Damn that is a fast track, now I'm hooked on it and will only have 2 more likely chances to try to get better. Now I just to have to grow bigger cohones to hold it open through 2, the runoff there is a little scary. Any Brainerd specific tips from any who have ridden it. I'm still pumped about it 2 days later!

Pretty darn good to hold it open in turn 1 there :)

C

Yes it does require a bit of a leap of faith but it does prove the throttle rule really well. When I rolled out of it before the entrance the bike just wasn't as stable feeling but once I could hold it open, the bike felt rock solid through the turn and just felt like it was sling shotting around the banking. I still know I can find a lot more time in the lap , but my goals were exceeded for my second visit. The fast local riders are turning 1.44's on massaged 600's and I only got to the low 1.58's before it started to rain for the last session. I know I'm still losing time exiting turn 10 (slight banked turn) which will increase my entrance speed into one, and I'm still losing a lot into 2, it is just scarier than 1 with the trees so close!

Yes it does require a bit of a leap of faith but it does prove the throttle rule really well. When I rolled out of it before the entrance the bike just wasn't as stable feeling but once I could hold it open, the bike felt rock solid through the turn and just felt like it was sling shotting around the banking. I still know I can find a lot more time in the lap , but my goals were exceeded for my second visit. The fast local riders are turning 1.44's on massaged 600's and I only got to the low 1.58's before it started to rain for the last session. I know I'm still losing time exiting turn 10 (slight banked turn) which will increase my entrance speed into one, and I'm still losing a lot into 2, it is just scarier than 1 with the trees so close!

Its been a while since I have been there (early 90's), but it sure was exciting then, more so now with the faster bikes. Are they running track days up there pretty regularly, and if so, what's the best one?

Cobie

Track Addix is providing track days there on the Monday's after the local CRA races. $165 if you preregister and they are pretty well run. Lots of fun and lots of track time.

• 3 months later...
Track Addix is providing track days there on the Monday's after the local CRA races. $165 if you preregister and they are pretty well run. Lots of fun and lots of track time.

That's about what they go for here, some more, some less.