Tech Preparation

Hey guys & gals,

I'm trying to get some info on your tech inspections the day of the school so I can make sure myself that everything is in good shape. What do you look for typically in your inspections? IE, a minimum brake pad thickness, or tread depth in the tires?

Thanks, and looking forward to riding with you guys in September!

Hey guys & gals,

I'm trying to get some info on your tech inspections the day of the school so I can make sure myself that everything is in good shape. What do you look for typically in your inspections? IE, a minimum brake pad thickness, or tread depth in the tires?

Thanks, and looking forward to riding with you guys in September!

Hi RUCrash,

What we are looking for is a good sound motorcycle: no oil leaks, all controls work well, throttle returns nicely, chain adjusted properly, enough tire tread (both on the sides as well as the center), not worn excessively or cupped or bald/old/dried out, bodywork is well attached, etc. Coolant doen't need to be changed, mirrors can be removed (recommended), or we'll tape them at the track, along with the other glass (headlight, tail light, turn signals). Brakes should of course work well, steering not bound up by mis-routed cables.

That's an overview. If you need tires, and are registered for the school, we can sell you a set at a great price. We can sell you another set when you leave, same preat price--but, this is only for people registered for the schools. That applies to Qualifiers, Sportmax GP also. Shipped direct from the factory (you know they are fresh), or possibly mounted at the school--must call in advance to organize that though.

Let us know if you need to know anything else, and see you at the school!

Best,

Cobie