Need More Tracktime

Hi, all

I've been to a few tracks that are within a few hours driving distance. I'm in D.C. and looking for a track that offers a membership where I can go as often as my schedule allows (every weekend). I've joined some Trackday orgs (NESBA, TeamProMotion) over the years and admire what the guys who go to Jennings and WSMC have. If I got more tracktime, I'd quit riding on the street. How do I find out who has something like this available?

Hi, all

I've been to a few tracks that are within a few hours driving distance. I'm in D.C. and looking for a track that offers a membership where I can go as often as my schedule allows (every weekend). I've joined some Trackday orgs (NESBA, TeamProMotion) over the years and admire what the guys who go to Jennings and WSMC have. If I got more tracktime, I'd quit riding on the street. How do I find out who has something like this available?

Jay;

For starters, I would pick up a copy of Road Racing World or check out their web page at www.roadracingworld.com for some options. They have a list of track day and/or racing organizations all over North America along with their schedules. You can also look at paying for Club membership at places like New Jersey Motorsports Park which just opened this summer but even with membership, I am not aware of any track that is exclusive for motorcycles every weekend - but they may be out there.

From personal experience, as your track riding increases your street riding decreases proportionally. YRMV.

Good luck.

Kevin

I've done the best that I can looking at the different org/ tracks, etc. Some of them (ViR/ NJMP) offer an auto club but no MC club. I'm gonna talk to my trackday club and see what they offer in the way of a bulk discount. That's the only way I can forsee getting more tracktime.

I've been riding track here in Phoenix, and am limited to a poorly maintained Firebird International Raceway. It's too hot in the summer so the track closes. I've never heard of a package type deal around here, but I would love it. I'm going to do every trackday offered, and it adds up. If my wife starts, thats even more money. They cost approx. $170-180 for a full day, and although I know a lot of places are more expensive, just a few hours away is Arroyo Seco. $150 for 2 days of open track. One day one way, one the other. And I've heard the owner is amazing. He'll go out of his way to ensure the punters get as enjoyable an experience as possible. If only I had a way to get my bike there without having to depend on anyone. If only.....

One day one way, one the other... If only.....

"Have a wonderful day, in a one way world..."

~ PG

I've been riding track here in Phoenix, and am limited to a poorly maintained Firebird International Raceway. It's too hot in the summer so the track closes. I've never heard of a package type deal around here, but I would love it. I'm going to do every trackday offered, and it adds up. If my wife starts, thats even more money. They cost approx. $170-180 for a full day, and although I know a lot of places are more expensive, just a few hours away is Arroyo Seco. $150 for 2 days of open track. One day one way, one the other. And I've heard the owner is amazing. He'll go out of his way to ensure the punters get as enjoyable an experience as possible. If only I had a way to get my bike there without having to depend on anyone. If only.....

I rented a mini-van for my last 2 day. Took the seats out and loaded the bike in the back on the right side. I used the hooks in the floor from the seats to secure the bike with straps. Then I loaded all the gear (coolers, etc) on the left side. It was perfect. We got to the track, unloaded and rolled out the airmatress and slept in the van. Perfect I tell ya. I'm thinking of buying a mini-van just for getting more tracktime.

Under normal circumstances, yes, that would be an option. Right now it just isn't in the cards. Pitching for gas is lots cheaper than renting and paying for all the gas. And I'm saving for a 2 day CSS possibly in the spring. Maybe later this year. For now it's bumming rides.