Race V 2 Day Camps

Hi, I just completed Level 1 with you guys at Laguna on Monday. It was great fun and I learn a few new things... Which got me thinking about coming back again. So in looking at your 2009 schedule there are two RACE programs. How are these different from the two day camps? I'm wondering if they wouldn't be a better fit for me as, I'm a novice racer looking to get better/faster on the track.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I just completed Level 1 with you guys at Laguna on Monday. It was great fun and I learn a few new things... Which got me thinking about coming back again. So in looking at your 2009 schedule there are two RACE programs. How are these different from the two day camps? I'm wondering if they wouldn't be a better fit for me as, I'm a novice racer looking to get better/faster on the track.

Isn't there anyone out there who can answer this one for me???

Zia;

It's been a few years since I attended CodeRACE but I think it is fair to say that they are quite different.

The 2 Day Camp is a more intensive version of their single day schools. In the 2 Day, there are only 2 groups v. 3 so there are more track sessions and a lower student/track coach ratio. The 2 Day camp has all of the off track bikes for use (although some may be limited depending on the Levels a student takes) and there is more video available.

CodeRACE is like a WERA/CCS Race weekend but it still includes some instruction. You have timed practice sessions with your lap times used to determine your grid position in each of the end of day races. The drills are all race focused and it is all about racing.

Depending upon your track skills, I believe there is more benefit to completing all four levels of the regular school first before attending the Race School. Since all four levels build upon each other and give a rider a more complete approach to cornering, your racing will likely be more productive once you have been exposed to all that the school offers. YRMV.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Isn't there anyone out there who can answer this one for me???

Hi Zia,

Darn right to get impatient, you should get an answer pronto. My lame excuse is we were at the track finishing our last schools of the year, and I was too much of a slacker to do anything at night (an internet connection slower than ancient dial-up didn't help either).

OK, here's some info on the schools: Superbike School, level 1-3 is a set program. Really thoroughly researched and refined over a lot of years. There the full theory gets presented, then riders work on that technique. That's the best possible foundation to build the skills on. 2 day camps have all the training aids as Kevin mentinoed, and you get tons of riding (7 sessions a day when possible, which is almost always), 1-2 coach to student ration, video review, etc.

Many of the students that have come to CODERACE first have found they need to go back and do the superbike school, a the very least up to level 2, but better up to level 3 or 4. Then come and do CODERACE. The reason for this is the technical briefings are truly exceptional, informative and usually entertaining. They give the data behind a technique, you get fully informed on the subject. That is not possible anywhere else, even CODERACE.

CODERACE is quite different. Very little theory briefings (which is fine if you have already been exposed to the theory), lots of riding, and more working on racecraft: different lines, starting, braking skills, etc., etc. It's great, we love doing CODERACE, fun for us too :).

Let me know if that clears it up, if not, post here, or call or e-mail me in the office, I'll answer any question on it.

Best,

Cobie

cobie@superbikeschool.com

800-530-3350