Anyone Ever Been To Calabogie,canada?

just wondering if some people on here have ever been to some of the tracks in canada and what did you think of them...i wanna try a few tracks in the usa next year any suggestions???thanks

just wondering if some people on here have ever been to some of the tracks in canada and what did you think of them...i wanna try a few tracks in the usa next year any suggestions???thanks

I've met people that love Calbogie and even go as far as to call it the best track in N. America. I plan on checking it out next season. So based on that, you might be disappointed riding anything else. But all tracks have something different to offer and that's what keeps it interesting.

Steph;

I have been to Mosport and Shannonville many times...Calabogie is on my To Do list for '09. As for Tracks in the US, depending on what part of Canada you're in I would recommend Mid-Ohio in Lexington, Ohio (center state); NJMP in southern New Jersey (below Philadelphia); VIR in Southern Virginia/north North Carolina (about an hours drive north of Raleigh, NC). Out west there are plenty but my references are only tracks I have been on so it would be Infineon (Sears Point) about an hour north of San Francisco; Laguna Seca in Monterey (almost 2 hours south of San Francisco) and the Streets of Willow Springs (about 2 hours north of Los Angeles).

Tracks I wouldn't struggle to get to are Pocono which is alot like Shannonville except they use part of the NASCAR Tri-Oval in all of their set ups (north central Pennsylvania), BeaveRun (near Pittsburgh and a lot of people will disagree with me over this one) and Loudon, NH. It's about 90 minutes north of Boston). You can race at Loudon but it uses alot of the NASCAR oval and is a tortured layout IMHO.

My other To-Do in '09 locations are Barber in Leeds Alabama and maybe a return to Nelson Ledges in Garretsville, Ohio if the new owners finish their reconstruction.

Kevin

Steph;

I have been to Mosport and Shannonville many times...Calabogie is on my To Do list for '09. As for Tracks in the US, depending on what part of Canada you're in I would recommend Mid-Ohio in Lexington, Ohio (center state); NJMP in southern New Jersey (below Philadelphia); VIR in Southern Virginia/north North Carolina (about an hours drive north of Raleigh, NC). Out west there are plenty but my references are only tracks I have been on so it would be Infineon (Sears Point) about an hour north of San Francisco; Laguna Seca in Monterey (almost 2 hours south of San Francisco) and the Streets of Willow Springs (about 2 hours north of Los Angeles).

Tracks I wouldn't struggle to get to are Pocono which is alot like Shannonville except they use part of the NASCAR Tri-Oval in all of their set ups (north central Pennsylvania), BeaveRun (near Pittsburgh and a lot of people will disagree with me over this one) and Loudon, NH. It's about 90 minutes north of Boston). You can race at Loudon but it uses alot of the NASCAR oval and is a tortured layout IMHO.

My other To-Do in '09 locations are Barber in Leeds Alabama and maybe a return to Nelson Ledges in Garretsville, Ohio if the new owners finish their reconstruction.

Kevin

thanks that is great info...and me and a few buddies are trying to get vir done in march...poor you shannonville lol...i do a lot of shannonville i live in ottawa so its been my track for 5 years but calabogie is just amazing you will love it...hope to see you there and let me know when you go if possible...you guys are great fir good useful info...cheers

I've met people that love Calbogie and even go as far as to call it the best track in N. America. I plan on checking it out next season. So based on that, you might be disappointed riding anything else. But all tracks have something different to offer and that's what keeps it interesting.

you will love that track and like i said before you let me know when you are going would love to meet new people and get some good advice...i think my friends dont want me to get any faster so they give me the wrong info..lmao..

Calabogie is an awesome track. IF anyone is planning on riding Bogie, you need to go through PRO6 this year. They just signed the rights for the next 3 years.

you are totally right ukilme...there are also private trackdays ran by a pro racer and he is also working at the track for some of the events...was amazing last year we did 2 of his days and only 30 guys ,2 groups only lots of track time and he will have a lot more this year...let me know if you want to get on these..