Question About Brakes

When I went to Dominican Republic few months ago to race there, I did not have my tent and all my usual equipment and my mechanics. My bike stays under the sun (wich was reaaaaly hot) and I was using my tire warmers because they are supposed to stop by their own when the temperature of the tires is OK.

The start is on a small straight part of the track and you have a realy tight right turn after it. When I started breaking to make my turn, the breaks seems to «sticks» together and even if I wasnt touhcing them, they keep breaking so hard that I did a «stoppi» and almost had to go straight (I could not make the turn with so much breaks...). They finally release but all race long they did the same thing, I was getting use to it and I did well, but I dont think that was normal! People told me after the race that was fun watching my back weel in the air at the end of the straight... well, that was not what I was planning! lollll

So, before the second race, I decided to put things around my bike to make some shadow and I did not use my tire warmers, I thought that maybe the pads or something was getting to hot and sticks together. That was better during the second race, but still not perfect...

Well, I've learn that I can break much harder, even if I wasn't that bad on the breaks! lolll

I asked few people about it but no one knows what happened. So, my question is, did you ever experiment something like that? Is it possible that breaks can sticks together when it's realy realy hot?

Have you examed your entire braking system to make sure nothing is wrong with any of it? I know brakes can heat up and stick to the rotors if they get hot enough. I know this from racing cars, I have never had a bike do it but I don't see why it would be any different.

Have you examed your entire braking system to make sure nothing is wrong with any of it? I know brakes can heat up and stick to the rotors if they get hot enough. I know this from racing cars, I have never had a bike do it but I don't see why it would be any different.

Yes, I have removed the calipers to check but everything looks fine... But because my mechanics was not there, maybe I did not see what was wrong... lollll well, I'm learning!

It realy not came from the brake lever, that was not the feeling of «squeechy» brakes... (I dont know the word in english... lolll), but like if they sticks on the discs...

Yes, I have removed the calipers to check but everything looks fine... But because my mechanics was not there, maybe I did not see what was wrong... lollll well, I'm learning!

It realy not came from the brake lever, that was not the feeling of «squeechy» brakes... (I dont know the word in english... lolll), but like if they sticks on the discs...

Yes thats what i am talking about. You don't always feel it in the lever if the pads stick to the rotors, you can feel it in how it handles and stops but not always in the lever.