The Smallest Things Help

A about two weeks ago I went to a track day at big willow. I was realy excited to get back on track after practicing my riding technique (thanks CSS) Working on my fitness and a long cold winter break.

But my day was pleaged with problems. I had cramps in my sholders and back and was getting very fituged each session by about lap 4-5. I checked all my leavers and rear sets for position but could never pin down the problem..... as the day wore on i realized that I could not see through the corner and was looking down at the candy stripe like Rossi to get through to apex.... :blink:

Then it hit me like a tone of bricks: My helmet was hindering my view and causing me to strain my neck and sholders giving me fatiuge and pain and eventualy causing me to run off track into omega. (kept it up though)

Basicaly my helmet was way to big. I had lost about 20 pounds and that thing was just huge on me now. So although it was my prized soumy spec R1 it had to go. It never realy fit my nogin perfectly but it sure was perty... Last week I picked up a Shoei, med (almost opted for small) I have only been able to test a canyon run but it is realy amazing to note the difference. Instead of fighting to see I can focus on my line, throtle controle etc.

Some times it is the smallest things that hinder you. I found my self wondering if my set up was off or what but it was just the size of my lid... I guess the lesson here is that you should go for fit first and grafix a far second and try on every possible lid till you find the company that fits you particular head best. Remember that it should fit snug.... IT WILL STRECH OUT in my opinion if it is not a bit TIGHT when you first try it on it is too big.

A about two weeks ago I went to a track day at big willow. I was realy excited to get back on track after practicing my riding technique (thanks CSS) Working on my fitness and a long cold winter break.

But my day was pleaged with problems. I had cramps in my sholders and back and was getting very fituged each session by about lap 4-5. I checked all my leavers and rear sets for position but could never pin down the problem..... as the day wore on i realized that I could not see through the corner and was looking down at the candy stripe like Rossi to get through to apex.... :blink:

Then it hit me like a tone of bricks: My helmet was hindering my view and causing me to strain my neck and sholders giving me fatiuge and pain and eventualy causing me to run off track into omega. (kept it up though)

Basicaly my helmet was way to big. I had lost about 20 pounds and that thing was just huge on me now. So although it was my prized soumy spec R1 it had to go. It never realy fit my nogin perfectly but it sure was perty... Last week I picked up a Shoei, med (almost opted for small) I have only been able to test a canyon run but it is realy amazing to note the difference. Instead of fighting to see I can focus on my line, throtle controle etc.

Some times it is the smallest things that hinder you. I found my self wondering if my set up was off or what but it was just the size of my lid... I guess the lesson here is that you should go for fit first and grafix a far second and try on every possible lid till you find the company that fits you particular head best. Remember that it should fit snug.... IT WILL STRECH OUT in my opinion if it is not a bit TIGHT when you first try it on it is too big.

Good to hear that you figured it out!

You might be able to get different pads from Suomy, that would make it work for you. With some helmets, the shell is the same for certain sizes, and the pads are the only thing different.

Best,

CF