Dirt Bike Rider Looking For Tips

Hey everyone,

As you may have guessed, I ride dirt bikes... and have registered here to learn something about racing them.

Sure the techniques are different, but I believe the fundamental concepts to racing fast on a motorcycle are the same - no matter the bike. Just riding around a track without using the brakes (which I learned from this forum) has improved my corner entry speed beyond even my own expectations.

I'm really enjoying the techniques Keith teaches, and am eager to learn more. I'm planning to purchase one of his books very soon. Which one do you recommend?

That's all from me for now. Look forward to talking with you all about racing.

Matthew

Howdy Matt. I'd recommend that you start from the beginning, and get TOTW first. It will set the foundation for riding, and you can progress from there. They're both good books, but if you're going to start something, why not start with part 1?

Hey everyone,

As you may have guessed, I ride dirt bikes... and have registered here to learn something about racing them.

Sure the techniques are different, but I believe the fundamental concepts to racing fast on a motorcycle are the same - no matter the bike. Just riding around a track without using the brakes (which I learned from this forum) has improved my corner entry speed beyond even my own expectations.

I'm really enjoying the techniques Keith teaches, and am eager to learn more. I'm planning to purchase one of his books very soon. Which one do you recommend?

That's all from me for now. Look forward to talking with you all about racing.

Matthew

It seems most all riders start in the dirt and then as they grow in racing it becomes apparent that it's the time you spend riding your bike that gets your mind and body in tune and determines your success as a rider. You body has to react to all circumstances that may become evident during a race and that reaction should require no though for a reaction.

Also it's a relation of comfortable speed to you and the reality of how fast you can go in mph in any given racing situation, so to become fast so to speak and continue growing in racing, a realization of the need to road race becomes obvious and that's why road racing to a dirt track racer is a great learning curve to get that speed relationship together with your mind and you become a better rider.

The Kieth Code school really opened an awareness that is far beyond a reaction and deals with the forethought of racing way deeper than just whats on the outside of a racer and therefore coupled with talent makes you a way better dirt bike racer also.