Driving Out Of The Apex

abhoy

I'm re-posting this as a new topic:

I've done CSS levels 1 & 2.

At Thunderbolt - I'm going thru T1 - into the turn up to the apex we're carrying the same speeds, but from the apex to the exit mark the Control Rider drives out much faster by the time we hit the exit mark he's up my a$$.

Check out this thread HERE, specifically post #14. All I know is what I've read on the forums and it Twist 2 but this did come to mind.

Could be different gearing, or he's just on the gas that much sooner than you. It could also be that he's going in smoother, and that entry speed is a little fast for you. That would make him constant through the turn while you have to decelerate during the drive in. It could be all of them. Maybe tires or engine size?

I'm re-posting this as a new topic:

I've done CSS levels 1 & 2.

At Thunderbolt - I'm going thru T1 - into the turn up to the apex we're carrying the same speeds, but from the apex to the exit mark the Control Rider drives out much faster by the time we hit the exit mark he's up my a$$.

T1 at Thunderbolt is deceiving; you can throttle out of there for quite a distance as the track is wide and you want to be on the far side anyway to set up for T2. Maybe you just don't know the track well enough to stay on the gas while the CR knows it like the back of his hand.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...