Pics From Phillip Island

Hey Team,

My first ever ride day and @ Phillip Island! :D I would apprecite some comments on BP. I picked a few already but i'll come here for some honest opinions. I'm not off the seat enough, my head and shoulders could move out a bit more, prob if my arse came off the seat more head and shoulders would drop a bit more. outside leg isn't on the ball of the foot, knee not into the tank lip, anyway thatll do from me.

post-15771-1254013373_thumb.jpgpost-15771-1254013385_thumb.jpgpost-15771-1254013394_thumb.jpgpost-15771-1254013404_thumb.jpg

Oz

Can anyone see the pictures?

Hey Oz. Yes, I can see the pics. Glad you had a good time. Did Steve Duggen take those pics? Looks like Siberia - standard PI shot :D . I have some of those somewhere too. Actually, my avatar shows me on my old Aprilia RS250 in the same spot! So this was a ride day and not a school day? Level 3 of the school really focuses on body position and helped me the most. From what I can see, your inside elbow is pretty straight. If you bend that elbow some more, it will force your shoulder and head to drop down. Are you gripping on with your outer knee? The school has some great exercises in level 3 that are gonna help you tremendously. I hope you get there. Nice pics btw :) Wish I was there too.

Hey Sof, yeh Siberia, and yep Steve again. Just a ride day on the waiting list for oct jusst missed out on booking too late!!damn it. My knee i reckon may be the problem thats why I was asking about rearsets.. next pics will be better.

Cheers again

Dylan

Hey Sof, yeh Siberia, and yep Steve again. Just a ride day on the waiting list for oct jusst missed out on booking too late!!damn it. My knee i reckon may be the problem thats why I was asking about rearsets.. next pics will be better.

Cheers again

Dylan

You're welcome Mate. Definitely check out roadrocket if you can for the rearsets. They're on Victoria St in West Melbourne and were pretty good to me when I was there. Actually, I recently asked them a question about a banjo bolt and they emailed me the answer here. Real nice guys.

I actually have a problem with my right hand turns at the moment and I feel that my brake side rearset is causing me trouble because I have no heel guard. I have aftermarket Gilles sets, but it only comes with a shift side heel guard. I talked to an instructor about it and the heel guard is very important because you can leverage your foot against it when locking into the correct position for the turn. Something to think about when you make a decision.

• 2 weeks later...

You're getting your chest on the outside of the tank. Try getting your sternum to the inside of the tank, and lay your chest on the tank. It will fix a lot.

If you look at some of the riders, and I'll use Rossi as an example, they don't get too far off the tank anymore. They have so much clearance that they don't really need to get that far off. Judging by the photos, your butt is far enough off. I'd guess that you'll scrape knee before peg, and that means you're far enough off. I'd keep working on upper body, and if you start scraping peg, get farther off.

You may also be too far forward toward the tank. That will shoot your outside knee out like in the photos. See if you can slide back some on the seat. It will also make getting over onto the tank easier. If that's not the problem, you've just got to get your knee farther in.

I haven't been to the school, so I don't know what they teach, but getting chest farther over will fix the straight inside arm. Your arm and outside leg position could also mean that you are still putting too much pressure on the bars. Try getting on your bike while your riding down the street or in a parking lot, and get into your track riding position while you're turning, and loosen up your arms. If you can't support your body weight with your legs, you have to change your lower body position so that you can.

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate the comments all goes to making me a better rider.

Jasonzilla: Thanks for the detail mate, I have found that as i go into a right hander that my foot comes off the peg completly so im gripping the tank only...then i sorta slide of the bike a bit. I've been sitting on the bke on stands today trying to sort it out and have found that the further back I sit back the more my knees sit into the lip of the tank but Im right onto my tiptoes on the pegs so i was thinking about aftermarket rearsets? Im also thinking of putting some foam on the tank about a fist in size to out make me sit back a bit more off and further from the tank hopefully that fixes the prob!!

cheers