Puck Wear

I've attached a photo of my knee pucks. My right side has all the wear on the outer edge (30-45 deg angle), whereas the left side is more even across the face. Is it an indication of something really wrong with my body positioning, and/or just a simple matter of repositioning them with the Velcro?

pucks.jpg

I've attached a photo of my knee pucks. My right side has all the wear on the outer edge (30-45 deg angle), whereas the left side is more even across the face. Is it an indication of something really wrong with my body positioning, and/or just a simple matter of repositioning them with the Velcro?

pucks.jpg

Hi Mate,

It is, as you suggested, because your rotating your knee downwards, rather than outwards. You can see you doing so in your avatar. Does it really matter? Hell no, though it could be corrected or improved for sure.

Bullet

Hi Mate,

It is, as you suggested, because your rotating your knee downwards, rather than outwards. You can see you doing so in your avatar. Does it really matter? Hell no, though it could be corrected or improved for sure.

Bullet

Yeah, I will think about that. Unfortunately no more track days till spring here. I hope to get to level 2, hopefully VIR in May this time. I think I have all the elements there in my riding, braking, looking, quick turn in, leaning, dragging, throttle control, exiting, but I just need to get it all dialed in better.

Hi Mate,

Bullet

On top of this, shoving your knee down to get it on the ground is also screwing with your torso's position. It has you twisted up while you're leaning off the bike.

Work on leaning evenly off the bike and just dropping your knee. It'll get back to the ground when you get farther over. It's what I've started doing, and you won't get the wonderful feeling of plastic attached to your knee sliding over the pavement as often, but it will help you more in the long run.

On top of this, shoving your knee down to get it on the ground is also screwing with your torso's position. It has you twisted up while you're leaning off the bike.

Work on leaning evenly off the bike and just dropping your knee. It'll get back to the ground when you get farther over. It's what I've started doing, and you won't get the wonderful feeling of plastic attached to your knee sliding over the pavement as often, but it will help you more in the long run.

I think the problem is I may be too far over. I'm scraping the feeler pegs at this point, plus it's wearing the outside edge, not the top or bottom or inside edge. But I have a difference in right and left turns.

I think the problem is I may be too far over. I'm scraping the feeler pegs at this point, plus it's wearing the outside edge, not the top or bottom or inside edge. But I have a difference in right and left turns.

If you were too far over you wouldn't be scraping the feeler pegs unless the bike is leaning too far and leaving you behind. In that case, you'd have to get off the bike more so you're scraping your puck first. Either way, it looks like you're shoving your hips too far off the bike and leaving your upper torso behind.

• 2 months later...