Howdy Howdy From Az

Hey, y'all, another newbie lass chiming in from Phoenix, Arizona.

I've been riding (poorly) for quite a while, teach the MSF BRC, and did my first track day last December. The track bug bit hard and since December, I've bought a dedicated track bike (99 zuki SV650), converted my canyon carver (06 Triumph Daytona 675) into a 2nd dedicated track bike, logged 8 days in 3 states, and completed - just this past weekend on 10/11 - Level I.

I'm looking forward to getting out on the track again (11/1) to work on my weak spots: turn points and turning quickly.

In addition to the 2 track bikes, I also have an 09 Triumph Sprint ST that I use as a commuter.

Thanks to everyone with whom I interacted this past weekend - Lonnie, Keith, and the fellow running the off-track steering drill (whose name, I am so sorry to say, I don't recall :( ), in particular - for the great instruction.

Very much looking forward to making the drive back out there to do Level II in Spring, becoming a better rider and, hopefully, getting fast enough to race with the boys!

Cheers,

-Shauna

Hi Shauna,

Glad you came and got some training--I might have done your steering drill in fact.

2 track bikes, that is a man with his priorities straight :)

CF

Hi Shauna,

Glad you came and got some training--I might have done your steering drill in fact.

2 track bikes, that is a man with his priorities straight :)

CF

It's quite possible you did. With all the students you deal with, I doubt you'd remember, but I was the chick on the silver & purple Daytona.

And yeah - 2 track bikes. That way I never have an excuse for missing a track day, even if one is down for maintenance or, like the poor SV, being repaired after an off. :o:D

Howdy. I'm in Chandler. I've told so many people out there about this site. It's great. Good to have you. I won't be out there on 11/1 trackday because I'll be at the two day in Vegas (I've only done Main once), but if you're at the 11/22 on East, maybe we'll meet. You're not on the gold/black checkered bike, are you? I run intermediate, and if you do also, I'm sure you've passed me plenty of times.

If you're planning to do another school, trailer your bike and have room, look me up, and we can get some schooling in.

Welcome to the forum, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing you. You were at Streets last weekend right? There can't be that many silver and purple Daytonas around!

Hey Jason,

I thought I recognized your SN, but didn't know from where. Have fun up in Vegas - I have a friend/coworker (Kyle Klein, you may know him - he raced CCS & was a control rider for Ted) who did the 2-day camp and loved it. I'll be riding Main for the first time - working on what I learned last weekend. :) I'm actually scheduled to teach the MSF on 11/22, but I'm going to try and get out of it. If I can, I'll def. be at East.

The woman on the yellow/black bike isn't me, but she is a good friend. She, her boyfriend, and I typically pit together. At the moment, I'm running in Supersquid. I was planning on bumping up to Intermediate at West on 9/20, but I went down in turn 1 (or 5, depending on how you count them... the left hander after the straight). I broke my right hand in the crash, which slowed me down, so I just hung out in 'squid for the rest of the day.

Main'll be my first serious trackday (not counting the day at CSS or my day at Big Willow) since I busted my throttle paw. We'll see how it goes... :)

My trailer will hold 3 bikes but, unfortunately, my lil girly truck can only pull it long distances with one scoot. (I can do 2 to FIR, but I'm pretty sure the drives to NV, CA or NM would blow my 4 cylinders.) If you have access to a bigger truck, though... we're golden. I'm certainly up for more schoolin', or traveling track days. Don't know how often you ride tracks other than FIR, but... there are some great options in the vicinity if you're willing to drive a few hours. I've done Buttonwillow, Streets of Willow, Willow Springs/Big Willow and Spring Mountain (Pahrump, NV) in the past few months, and they're awesome!! :D

-Shauna

Welcome to the forum, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing you. You were at Streets last weekend right? There can't be that many silver and purple Daytonas around!

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Yep, I was at Streets on 10/11. If you saw a purple/silver 'tona, it was definitely me - pretty sure my scoot is unique!

Can't wait to get back to Streets again. It's funny: I tease my Cali friends (who mostly ride Big Track and were complaining, after Buttonwillow & Spring Mountain, about how their legs were hurting) that they need to come out to Phoenix & ride some short, technical tracks to get in shape. But Streets (particularly turns 4 - 6) kicked my arse... I could barely walk on Tuesday! B) I guess I need to get in shape, too... yeesh!

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Yep, I was at Streets on 10/11. If you saw a purple/silver 'tona, it was definitely me - pretty sure my scoot is unique!

Can't wait to get back to Streets again. It's funny: I tease my Cali friends (who mostly ride Big Track and were complaining, after Buttonwillow & Spring Mountain, about how their legs were hurting) that they need to come out to Phoenix & ride some short, technical tracks to get in shape. But Streets (particularly turns 4 - 6) kicked my arse... I could barely walk on Tuesday! B) I guess I need to get in shape, too... yeesh!

Unique bike, liked the paint scheme.

Yeah, the Streets will work you pretty good!

CF