Help

hi im a class 1 hgv driver from hertfordshire only passed about a year and a half ago . i went to ron hasslems school which was great fun and good for my confidence . my chicken stripes r getting me down im haveing trouble to lean my bike :angry: i have knee sliders but feel a bit of a knob wearing them as i no where near the ground i may be rideing to slow who knows :unsure: can this school help me do this ? if i look at my tyres again i think i will go mad

hi im a class 1 hgv driver from hertfordshire only passed about a year and a half ago . i went to ron hasslems school which was great fun and good for my confidence . my chicken stripes r getting me down im haveing trouble to lean my bike :angry: i have knee sliders but feel a bit of a knob wearing them as i no where near the ground i may be rideing to slow who knows :unsure: can this school help me do this ? if i look at my tyres again i think i will go mad sorry i think i put this post in the place

hi im a class 1 hgv driver from hertfordshire only passed about a year and a half ago . i went to ron hasslems school which was great fun and good for my confidence . my chicken stripes r getting me down im haveing trouble to lean my bike :angry: i have knee sliders but feel a bit of a knob wearing them as i no where near the ground i may be rideing to slow who knows :unsure: can this school help me do this ? if i look at my tyres again i think i will go mad

Hi Nic,

Thanks for posting on the forum. Good to hear your story!

Ron's school is very different from a day with us at CSS, they'd call their's an experience, ours is most definitely a school, with a formal curriculm and structure. Major differences are usually the student use's their own bike (though you can use ours if you like at additional cost), secondly, whilst the format of the session is controlled (i.e. we start our early session with no gears and no brakes and you'll work on a specific drill like throttle control), you as the rider dictate the speed you go at, we don't sheppard and make you go at others speeds, you may overtake slower students if you wish as long as its safe and vice versa. Your work on class sessions, on track sessions (5 per day, 1 per hour of each) and an off track session relevant to the level your working on.

The biggest primary difference though is we're a cornering school. we're about helping students understand how, and why a bike goes around corners, what it needs from you, and how you can improve your cornering ability. I think its fair to say we'd very much be able to help you improve, (I'll let other students tell you off their experiences), if you come open minded, willing to commit to our program and work with your coach you'll get great results, you'll feel in control of your bike and your confidence will be even more improved and those chicken strips will be distant concern.

I hope that answers your question, if you have more, please post them , and we'll see if we can help you make your decision on whether we can assist you!

Bullet

welcome Nic.

For what it's worth it took me 3 1/2 years before I did it,,, :rolleyes:

I'm sure someone on here break it all down for you but personally I'd forget about the knee down and concentrate on getting a feel for the bike and relaxing....if your spending too much time on this aspect then other ,(probably more important ) parts of your riding will suffer !!!

It will happen with the right advice ,,I hope your first time will be a slightly better experience than mine :unsure::unsure:

Nige

It will happen with the right advice ,,I hope your first time will be a slightly better experience than mine :unsure::unsure:

Nige

First experience of what Nige? Knee down, or the school....? :lol:

I agree with your view that people focus on lean angle and knee down when its not important really.

Bullet

thanks for your help guys i think of to many things at the same time which does my head in relaxing looking leaning throttle counter steering at the mo im just thinking about looking and relaxing :( but next year i will love to go to the school cannot wait to learn more ;)

Good Shout Bullet,

meant knee down....(only person to suffer at my first school was your goodself....how is the shoulder? ) :rolleyes:

I was in the begginers group at Nogaro '02 (with en ex competitor of css!!mmm ) and on the 3rd day finally got my knee down at turn one...only problem was I had no sliders just a big bulky knee of Frank Thomas padding.....knee dug into tarmac which slightly upset the bike !!!

Found myself vering sharp left across grass at rapid rate towards the hedge !!! Luckily Mr Chilli's words came into my head and I saved it and found my way back on track with the ducati looking more like a lawnmower than a bike !!!

Infact it is the only piece of knowledge I had already been instructed on, which on level one is rider input.,,definately saved me a lot of bother that day.

Good Shout Bullet,

meant knee down....(only person to suffer at my first school was your goodself....how is the shoulder? ) :rolleyes:

I never have bad students, you're all awesome! :lol:

Shot mate unfortnately. just had it operated on last week after 5 weeks of "Natural healing", only for it not to be really healing, so they broke it again, plated it, 6 screws and a bone graft! A bit back to square one really, but I'll be reet in time for visit to see us again next year, no fear! ;)

Bullet

Shot mate unfortnately. just had it operated on last week after 5 weeks of "Natural healing", only for it not to be really healing, so they broke it again, plated it, 6 screws and a bone graft! A bit back to square one really, but I'll be reet in time for visit to see us again next year, no fear! ;)

Bullet

Damn Bullet!!! I was hoping for your sake that the natural healing would have been enough!!! Hope you are back to 100% soon, mate!!!

does any one know wen the next years dates r going up for me to book ?

does any one know wen the next years dates r going up for me to book ?

Nic, they will be announced just before the NEC, if you add yourself to our mailing list on the webpage, you'll be mailed pretty much as they're annonuced. You can pretty expect dates to start in the UK around early/mid April if history is anything to go by.

You can find the ability to add yourself to the mailing list on the webpage here http://www.superbikeschool.co.uk/

Cheers

Bullet

thank u god it seens so far away i hate the winter . but i have my twist of the wrist 2 good dvd . but them to blokes on there took only a week to get rid of there chicken stripes :lol: