Track Days On A Ninja 250

I am not a new rider, just new to track days. I have a Ducati 1198 that I was going to only use for track days. Now, after watching a few races at different tracks the past couple of months, im really interested in the little Ninja 250's. They just look like a blast to ride around the track. My biggest concern is using one for track days. I dont want to be in everyones way on a under powered bike. Has anyone run one or been with someone running one on the track and how do they do?

I am not a new rider, just new to track days. I have a Ducati 1198 that I was going to only use for track days. Now, after watching a few races at different tracks the past couple of months, im really interested in the little Ninja 250's. They just look like a blast to ride around the track. My biggest concern is using one for track days. I dont want to be in everyones way on a under powered bike. Has anyone run one or been with someone running one on the track and how do they do?

I rode a track day with a eastern based track club and watched Melissa Paris kick EVERYBODY's butt on a 250 two stroke. She beat 600's and liter bikes like they were pedal bicycles.

Rainman

Her 250 was a GP bike, the Ninja is much much slower.

So, are you saying the ninja 250 is too slow to run track days?

He's just saying that the GP is a two-stroke engine and makes roughly twice the power of a four stroke (ninja) for it's displacement. The ninja is still a fine track day bike, it just won't go super fast in the straights so you won't be able to hide it if you're slow (haha, just kidding)... you may get stuck behind riders who you are cornering faster than, just because they out drive you in the straights, but you shouldn't be in anybody's way if they're actually faster than you because they'll have an easy time passing you on any straight.

Get the bike if you can afford it, I'd certainly like to have one and I hear they're a blast.