Seat Height Placement

Just been reading about the testing for WSB riders and was jogged into thinking about something that came to me over this past season.

Its to do with seat height, what differences will a lower or further back seat make to my bike?

Let me explain more...

Last year I raced to different bikes, a TZR250 with a low seat, on the rails - and an RD350YPVS with the stock seat (tippy toes almost). in my mind the lower seat seemed to make more sense centre of gravity etc etc. Thing is that some leading riders told me I needed to get the seat up to push my weight forward?

Also riding the taller bike (which I was faster on) felt better when at100% race pace.

Whats the general thinking on this?

Just been reading about the testing for WSB riders and was jogged into thinking about something that came to me over this past season.

Its to do with seat height, what differences will a lower or further back seat make to my bike?

Let me explain more...

Last year I raced to different bikes, a TZR250 with a low seat, on the rails - and an RD350YPVS with the stock seat (tippy toes almost). in my mind the lower seat seemed to make more sense centre of gravity etc etc. Thing is that some leading riders told me I needed to get the seat up to push my weight forward?

Also riding the taller bike (which I was faster on) felt better when at100% race pace.

Whats the general thinking on this?

Spencer,

What schools (if any) have you done? have you ridden the lean bike?

CF