Qualifying Vs Racing

How can I get a better qualifying time? I can only qualify mid field (seventh 1.33min 3.03km track) but finnish first @ 1.23min. I also get out braked by everybody, but pick them up on the exit. I've only started racing, so the only thing that I have alot of is inexperiance. I guess my question is how can I mentaly push myself harder to qualify better?

:blink:

I have generally the same issue (without the 1st part). A thing that may help is knowing that unless you push 10/10 in practice and qualifying you won't know the exact braking markers and lines you need to run. As pusing an extra 1/10 in a racing situation isn't good when you don't know what the outside line will be line at that level.

On getting pumped for it... can't help you there.

Keep racing it will come. Knowing what and where to look would help with the disparity in race and qualifying time. As you get better the difference will shrink. I am still a half to three quarters of a second slower qualifying than racing (with race set-up). Some of it is getting up for qualifying; I don't get near as excited about pushing unless it is to keep up with someone.

Will