Newbie Getting Ready For The Track

Hi all,

Finally decided to resgister for a course at Willow this March so I decided to join the forum and get to learning. Ordered the Twist of the Wrist series to help with that.

That being said, I've been riding for 25 years on the street now and it's been 17 years since my last time on the track! Things may have changed a bit...

I've probably got a ton of bad habits to break. Really looking forward to the school and I'll probably be asking all kinds of questions and picking some of your brains. My buddies have already 'decided' my first track day after the school will be April 2 at Pacific Raceways. Guess I better prep the 851 for the track.

Howdy Molamphy. You're time off the track is almost an adult. Way too long. I've been laid up for 1 1/2 months, and am Jonesing the get back out there. I don't know how you did it. The books are helpful, and the new video will allow you to visualize a lot of things you read about.

Hi all,

Finally decided to resgister for a course at Willow this March so I decided to join the forum and get to learning. Ordered the Twist of the Wrist series to help with that.

That being said, I've been riding for 25 years on the street now and it's been 17 years since my last time on the track! Things may have changed a bit...

I've probably got a ton of bad habits to break. Really looking forward to the school and I'll probably be asking all kinds of questions and picking some of your brains. My buddies have already 'decided' my first track day after the school will be April 2 at Pacific Raceways. Guess I better prep the 851 for the track.

Hi molamphy,

I shot you a note, but here is a public welcome. Doing a couple of days at the Streets is a great way to get introcuced (or re-introduced in your case) to the track. With the Twist material, you have a ton to go over, and that will be a great prep for the school.

If you have any questions, pop them up here (I'm surprised more don't to be honest).

Best,

Cobie