Sears Point March 2010

I just took the levels 1 & 2 courses at sears point in March. I had a great time and wanted to thank the staff for everything! It was great to meet fellow riders and listen to their riding stories. although I am sophisticated with technology, I am lacking in social networking skills (patience)....however, it would be great to stay connected with my fellow classmates and make friends in locals I may be interested riding in/to.

Cobbie, if you are out there...you would have been really proud of me on my ride back to Palm Desert. I took hwy 1 from the pennisula and had a BLAST!!!! I hooked those corners like crazy and rode like a new woman! the fear and anxiety :unsure: I had prior to the course regarding turns (like on hwy 1) were replaced by focus and confidence :P . Thanks for your coaching. If only hwy 1 went directly to the desert and by passed LA freeways and traffic!!!! LOL!

Hope to see you soon. I may take my next course closer to my temporary home in the desert.....

Hey A.J. glad you enjoyed yourself at Sears! I was training with Cobie that day, so I got to ride with you too. It's cool to hear about your first ride after you took the levels, I remember mine was awesome too!

Anyway, the forum is a great way to keep in touch, I'll let Cobie know that you posted. He's pretty hip to the forum so I'm sure he'll post on your thread. Cheers!

Yes, thank you for replying. I wanted to send a shout out to you as well, but embarrassingly I couldn't recall your name ( :blink: No offense, please) and didn't see you on the CSS staff list. You provided good feedback and I wanted to get a little more from you. Based on your observations, do you have any recommendations that would make me a better rider?

(PS- i am not sure how to do this reply thing. i tried a different way...can't figure out this social networking!!!!!)

Sent you a message, if that didn't answer your questions you should check with Cobie, he may have some good observations for you as well!

I just took the levels 1 & 2 courses at sears point in March. I had a great time and wanted to thank the staff for everything! It was great to meet fellow riders and listen to their riding stories. although I am sophisticated with technology, I am lacking in social networking skills (patience)....however, it would be great to stay connected with my fellow classmates and make friends in locals I may be interested riding in/to.

Cobbie, if you are out there...you would have been really proud of me on my ride back to Palm Desert. I took hwy 1 from the pennisula and had a BLAST!!!! I hooked those corners like crazy and rode like a new woman! the fear and anxiety :unsure: I had prior to the course regarding turns (like on hwy 1) were replaced by focus and confidence :P . Thanks for your coaching. If only hwy 1 went directly to the desert and by passed LA freeways and traffic!!!! LOL!

Hope to see you soon. I may take my next course closer to my temporary home in the desert.....

Hi AJ,

Normally I get up here frequently, but we have been flat out since Sears, so just now got a chance to read this.

Great on the way back, and I know exactly what you mean about skipping the freeways in LA!

You made nice progress (very nice) during the day Lyle and I worked with you. One of my favorite skills (other skills help make it happen, like the level 2 skills you did) is turning the bike quickly. This can take a bit of practice, and move your skill level up a click at a time. Both for spirited riding on your favorite curvy road, or missing the odd 4,000-6,000 pound mobile metalic cage (car:).

Let us know how that goes!

Best,

Cobie

Hi AJ,

Normally I get up here frequently, but we have been flat out since Sears, so just now got a chance to read this.

Great on the way back, and I know exactly what you mean about skipping the freeways in LA!

You made nice progress (very nice) during the day Lyle and I worked with you. One of my favorite skills (other skills help make it happen, like the level 2 skills you did) is turning the bike quickly. This can take a bit of practice, and move your skill level up a click at a time. Both for spirited riding on your favorite curvy road, or missing the odd 4,000-6,000 pound mobile metalic cage (car:).

Let us know how that goes!

Best,

Cobie

Ok, I agree with you (& Lyle) that it is still a weakness. It is fear based. I'll work on that. Thanks for the encouragement...I felt like I really progressed...too bad i got tired at the end. Hey, I am really excited because i hooked up with a group here and went for a short ride with someone who says he knows you, Tom Roach. He is part of the Palm Desert Area Desmo Owners Club :ph34r: . Based on the few guys i rode with they are very good riders and safe. do you know these guys? Are they legit?

Ok, I agree with you (& Lyle) that it is still a weakness. It is fear based. I'll work on that. Thanks for the encouragement...I felt like I really progressed...too bad i got tired at the end. Hey, I am really excited because i hooked up with a group here and went for a short ride with someone who says he knows you, Tom Roach. He is part of the Palm Desert Area Desmo Owners Club :ph34r: . Based on the few guys i rode with they are very good riders and safe. do you know these guys? Are they legit?

Tom Roach--haven't heard from him in a while--they used to come and do our Harley only schools we did way back when, mid 90's.

As I recall riding was pretty decent.

Best,

CF