What Caused This Crash?

vio

This is a video I found on Youtube the other day, and the way he crashes is strange to me. It doesn't really seem like a normal lowside or a highside.

My best guess is that he was too hard on the brakes and was off the gas for too long, overloading the front tire. It doesn't seem like he went in too hot, or got too throttle happy. It could also have been a tire temp problem or geometry problem as well.

I was just curious as to whether you guys had any other thoughts one what could have caused it.

The crash happens at around the 2:05 mark, and there is an interesting bobble at the 1:05 mark which is also strange.

This is a video I found on Youtube the other day, and the way he crashes is strange to me. It doesn't really seem like a normal lowside or a highside.

My best guess is that he was too hard on the brakes and was off the gas for too long, overloading the front tire. It doesn't seem like he went in too hot, or got too throttle happy. It could also have been a tire temp problem or geometry problem as well.

I was just curious as to whether you guys had any other thoughts one what could have caused it.

The crash happens at around the 2:05 mark, and there is an interesting bobble at the 1:05 mark which is also strange.

...did I hear the throttle come on a millisecond before he loses it?

Rainman

Rainman

I think he is beginning to accelerate, but it doesn't seem to me as though he does it too much and it seems smooth.

Rainman

I think he is beginning to accelerate, but it doesn't seem to me as though he does it too much and it seems smooth.

He's at a pretty good lean angle when he does accelerate and it seems to mirror the two "warnings" his tires gave him earlier in this clip.

I noticed he gets more timid after each headshake. The crash appeared to be the front tucking. I'm thinking that he was tight on the bars.

I also noticed that the F4 didn't sound like a V-Twin at all, more like an I-4.

I'm going to guess cold tires. The ass end gives way, and that's the sound of the acceleration. It's while he's getting on the throttle. When the rear tire gives way, the bike's RPM's will shoot the rear tire speed up. He's not really aggressive on the throttle, so I'll go with cold tires.

First time was trying to pass on the outside. Pushed too hard. Second, he kicked off the track. On the third one he seemed to be a gear too high. Shouldn't have had the power to get out from under him with properly warmed tires.

I noticed he gets more timid after each headshake. The crash appeared to be the front tucking. I'm thinking that he was tight on the bars.

I also noticed that the F4 didn't sound like a V-Twin at all, more like an I-4.

That would be because the MV is an I-4...