Footpeg Position Differences

Hello,

I just bought a set of pegs for my 749s, and I am not sure on how much up-down and front-rear should I position them.

Basically the reason I bought aftermarket pegs, is that the OEM Ducatis were slippery, making my foot slip off the peg during turns.

According my CSS instructor, that happens cause I am to close to the back of the tank, making my outside foot twist to the outside and then slip off the peg. Of course he is right, but I am very short

and it is difficult for me to hang off the bike keeping one fist distance between the back of the tank and my .... and at the same time having my arms relaxed on the clip ons.

As for the up-down positioning, I found out by trying to see which position helps me hang off the bike better (lock my outside leg better on the tank and put weight on the outside peg effortlessly).

So I've positioned them at the higher/front slot and it seems to me better.

Does that mean that my knee will start dragging on a deeper lean angle than before?

Another question is, what difference does front-rear position is making in riding?

Here is a photo of me making that mistakepost-14641-1270465724_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I just bought a set of pegs for my 749s, and I am not sure on how much up-down and front-rear should I position them.

Basically the reason I bought aftermarket pegs, is that the OEM Ducatis were slippery, making my foot slip off the peg during turns.

According my CSS instructor, that happens cause I am to close to the back of the tank, making my outside foot twist to the outside and then slip off the peg. Of course he is right, but I am very short

and it is difficult for me to hang off the bike keeping one fist distance between the back of the tank and my .... and at the same time having my arms relaxed on the clip ons.

As for the up-down positioning, I found out by trying to see which position helps me hang off the bike better (lock my outside leg better on the tank and put weight on the outside peg effortlessly).

So I've positioned them at the higher/front slot and it seems to me better.

Does that mean that my knee will start dragging on a deeper lean angle than before?

Another question is, what difference does front-rear position is making in riding?

Here is a photo of me making that mistakeIMG_small.jpg

I'd go for what will get you able to lock on to the bike the best. I have short legs, and last time I used rearsets I was ecstatic, really made it easier to get locked on. Another thing that you can try is either Tech Spec, or Stomp Grip tank pads. They can help quite a bit.

Front to rear position on the bike I don't t hink that critical, much more imptant will be you being able to lock on, and then get loose with the upper body. If a fist's distance is too much, try a little closer, OK to experiment and get a good position. The Duc tanks I've riden on have been very square, and I couldn't hang of them much at all.

Best,

CF

I'd go for what will get you able to lock on to the bike the best. I have short legs, and last time I used rearsets I was ecstatic, really made it easier to get locked on. Another thing that you can try is either Tech Spec, or Stomp Grip tank pads.

The perfect answer. I don't remember how the front/back thing goes, but ultimately it's for locking in and comfort.

I don't know what the school has on their bikes (I was on the Kawasaki's), but I like Stomp Grip hands down over what they had. At the end of the day, though, it was those gnarly Dunlops that made the difference.