Used Tire For Level 1 And 2, Please Read

Hi, ill be going to school to do level one and two. School is next Sat & Sun, and i have a quick question on tires. My front tire is New, but my rear tire has about 2k miles on it. Will the coach let me run this tire, or will i have to buy a new one? Thanks for reading.

Pic of the tire.

dscn0637g.jpg

dscn0638.jpg

It's a litle hard to tell, but bearing in mind you'll be using the edges more than the middle :lol: , it looks ok to me from the pic. You can't really tell if it's squared off or not, which can make the handling horrid, but if it's round, and has depth to the tread, we'd allow you to run in in the UK.

Bullet

It's a litle hard to tell, but bearing in mind you'll be using the edges more than the middle :lol: , it looks ok to me from the pic. You can't really tell if it's squared off or not, which can make the handling horrid, but if it's round, and has depth to the tread, we'd allow you to run in in the UK.

Bullet

I would say its round :) most of that 2k miles is Highway miles basically very little cornering.

It looks like the wear bars are still recessed, but it would be good if you could post an in-focus pic that showed the profile of the tire... as Bullet said, it's a bit tough to be sure it's not squared.

Tire looks OK, it will not fail tech.

Any question in your mind, consider the tire deal the school offers on the new Q2's, we love 'em. Will also will mount for about half what most shops charge.

CF

Thanks, one more quick question. Will i have to flush my coolent? like take the antifreze out and put water in the coolent system? Thanks.

No, you don't need to do that, only for race bikes (well in the UK anyway).

Bullet

Thanks, one more quick question. Will i have to flush my coolent? like take the antifreze out and put water in the coolent system? Thanks.

No, you don't need to do that, only for race bikes (well in the UK anyway).

Bullet

Not over here either any more (for sure for racing), but we found out that it just wasn't a factor, and since we stopped requiing the flushign of coolant, have had no issues.

CF

Do you offer pictures for extra charge? Or could we bring our own equipment to take pic's? Sorry for all the questions, just too excited i guess lol, Thanks.

Again, i can onlt talk for the UK, so we'll need to confirm for US, but we have our own photographer where you can purcahse pictures of your day, and you can also do onboard video this year. Yes, you can also bring your own equipment, though as Cobie covered in another thread, you need to be sure it's not going to impact on your day with undertaking the drills and doing your de-brief's with coaches, as opposed to messing about with your kit. :lol:

Bullet

We do have a photographer that goes with us to almost all the schools--it can be very useful to see what you look like on the bike.

CF

See you Sunday, level 3 here!

I can't wait.. already getting far less done at work and tomorrow will be even less!

Sounds good, i have to drive 6 hours to get there. So im leaving morro at 10 am, and staying at a hotel. Im bringing my own bike, so come by say hello. It'll be the white cbr, quick question. Do we have to be all suited up, and ready when we get there at 7am? Thanks.

See you Sunday, level 3 here!

I can't wait.. already getting far less done at work and tomorrow will be even less!

Sounds good, i have to drive 6 hours to get there. So im leaving morro at 10 am, and staying at a hotel. Im bringing my own bike, so come by say hello. It'll be the white cbr, quick question. Do we have to be all suited up, and ready when we get there at 7am? Thanks.

Nope, just be there by 7, you'll get your bike through tech inspection, then you'll sign in and you have some time for some coffee and the snacks CSS brings.. then everyone goes through introductions with the staff, then you're seperated by groups.. Once you go through your lesson with your group you can get suited up and wait for your turn.. You'll see how the morning goes and they're very good about getting you where you need to be when you need to be there.. I'll be looking like I do in my avatar here..