Howdy From Socal

Howdy fans of CSS. I am looking forward to going to my first CSS day soon. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time and decided that this is the year to do it. A little background on myself. I am 43 years old and have been riding for about 6 years now. My first bike was a Katana (600) and I rode that for about 1 year virtually everyday. I then graduated to my '05 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R. Between the two bikes I have logged about 40,000 miles. All of those miles have been on the streets.

I have yet to do a track day... but have done 3 MSF courses. I'd like to do a CSS day a Willow in Sept or Oct this year and thought by posting here and getting comfortable with you fine people would help me reach that goal. Cornering is something I know I need improvement on. I ride Ortega Hwy and also 76 and realize there is serious room for improvement in my skills (or lack thereof).

Looking forward to learning all I can from the forums here and hope to see some of you this fall at Willow.

Hey, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've had some fun bikes, seems like you're moving towards doing some track riding, where I guarantee you'll wring even more fun out of 'em.

Hi Merlin,

First off welcome, glad you are up here and posting! (and not just lurking).

Living here in SoCal, there are lots of opportunity to get on the track, though starting with the school I think is the best first step. The books and videos will help prepare you, do you have any of Keith Code's books?

Any specific questions you had to start with?

Best,

Cobie

ps--I won't be back up here till next week earliest, we are at the track next 4 days, but lots of good guys up here, so post away!

I am picking up TOTW from my local bookstore today after work and will begin reading (aka... digesting all of it) ASAP. I've also ordered TOTW2 on DVD from your site yesterday as well.

As far as questions go I am hoping that the book & DVD will answer many that I currently have. There might be some terms and/or techniques that I am not quite familiar with that I might ask you about in the coming days though.

Thanks for taking the time to say hello as well! I'll be back on posting in a few days as well.

Feel free to email me as well.

Regards

I am picking up TOTW from my local bookstore today after work and will begin reading (aka... digesting all of it) ASAP. I've also ordered TOTW2 on DVD from your site yesterday as well.

As far as questions go I am hoping that the book & DVD will answer many that I currently have. There might be some terms and/or techniques that I am not quite familiar with that I might ask you about in the coming days though.

Thanks for taking the time to say hello as well! I'll be back on posting in a few days as well.

Feel free to email me as well.

Regards

Merlin,

Good plan. Let us know how it goes as you work you way through the info, always nice to hear what you get from it.

CF