Q2 Tire Pressure?

I ride a 2007 ZX6R with Q2 tires? What's the recommended track day cold tire pressure for these. Dunlop only publishes street pressure and they are really high.

Artpilot;

Depending on temperature, I run 31/29 or 32/30.

Rain

• 2 weeks later...

I ride a 2007 ZX6R with Q2 tires? What's the recommended track day cold tire pressure for these. Dunlop only publishes street pressure and they are really high.

Artpilot;

Rain

Just to be clear, 31 Front/29 rear? I always thought the rear had the higher pressure, but at a track day last weekend guys were talking about things like 30F/23R which I thought seemed odd.

Artpilot;

Rain

Just to be clear, 31 Front/29 rear? I always thought the rear had the higher pressure, but at a track day last weekend guys were talking about things like 30F/23R which I thought seemed odd.

Correct on a Qualifier or a D209 GP-A. On a D211 GP (NTec), the numbers you quote are what I have heard is the correct pressure but I have never used the 211's so I don't have any direct experience with that tire.

Correct on a Qualifier or a GP-A 209. On a GP-A 211, the numbers you quote are what I have heard is the correct pressure but I have never used the 211's so I don't have any direct experience with that tire.

I was looking at Q2's for when I need to replace my current Qualifiers. One question that came up in paddock talk the other day was should one get the 211's and can they be used on the street, or Q2's? My thought was that Q2 were intended for track and street use, whereas the GP tires were meant for track only. Is that right?

Correct on a Qualifier or a GP-A 209. On a GP-A 211, the numbers you quote are what I have heard is the correct pressure but I have never used the 211's so I don't have any direct experience with that tire.

I was looking at Q2's for when I need to replace my current Qualifiers. One question that came up in paddock talk the other day was should one get the 211's and can they be used on the street, or Q2's? My thought was that Q2 were intended for track and street use, whereas the GP tires were meant for track only. Is that right?

Stevo;

I don't know if it is right but it is exactly how I used these different tires until I put the Q's on my street bike. I think I posted something here recently that I am considering using the Q's on the track because of the incredible grip they offer coupled with their longevity. I think an excellent affirmation of the track worthy nature of the Qualifiers is that it is the tire the School uses on all of their student bikes yet it is considered a legitimate dual purpose tire.

That said I will not use the 209 GP's on the street again; did it once and realized that it was just not the proper fit for the street conditions...but that's just me. It is my understanding the 211 GP Ntec is a track only tire as well.

Rainman