Daytona Sportbike With A Suzuki V-Strom?

I enjoy looking at things with a fresh eye and just wondered since Buell is almost gone and Ducati twins are still competitive, would you consider racing in Daytona Sportbike with a Suzuki V-Strom 1000? Lots of torque. Plenty of ground clearance. More style than a GSX-R600.

Is the SV-1000 low cost Sportbike fun or strictly for fire roads?

http://www.suzukicycles.com/en/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/V-Strom%201000/2009/DL1000.aspx?category=dualsport

I enjoy looking at things with a fresh eye and just wondered since Buell is almost gone and Ducati twins are still competitive, would you consider racing in Daytona Sportbike with a Suzuki V-Strom 1000? Lots of torque. Plenty of ground clearance. More style than a GSX-R600.

http://www.suzukicycles.com/en/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/V-Strom%201000/2009/DL1000.aspx?category=dualsport

Well the SV650 is a huge light weight twin class racing favorite. The 1000 would work in the heavy weight twin classes but isn't especially favored like its little sister. Get the impression its top end isn't all that great.

In a word: No. Don't know how you can say the V-Strom has style, either, but taste is like your arse; split biggrin.gif Or are you talking about the SV1000, the the Suzuki xloser to a Monster than a Multistrada? Regardless, these bikes are not race bikes. Track days? Sure. But not race. Even 10 years ago, the GSX-R inspired TL1000R failed to make much of an impression, and the SV is even less sophisticated. Much better road bike than most race reps you care to mention, but not suited for winning races.

It's a dualsport, don't think that would ultimately work out :)

CF

It's a dualsport, don't think that would ultimately work out :)

pfft...I didn't even catch that part. I just assumed it was a big SV. :rolleyes:

Just caught up on some of the Moto2 from Mugello--one guy was in the grass passing down the front straight, maybe he could have used a dualsport there :lol:

CF