Hi All Newbie From Suffolk

Hi all,

New to the forum, just thought I'd say hello.

Been wanting to attend CSS since I first heard of it several years ago.

I am one of those guys who wants to do a track day, but wants to be sure he is doing it all right, can't afford to throw the bike down the road because I didn't understand what I was doing.

Have read twist 1 and 2 and viewed both DVDs. Just waiting to put it all into practice on 18th aug at Silverstone. Any tips or advice you guys can give will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

ShiteR1der.

Howdy. My advice to you would be to just get on the track and start putting into practice what you've learned so you can better understand the why's and how's of riding. I waited years to get on a track, and one of my few regrets is every day that I went to watch a trackday, read about it and watched racing on TV, that I didn't just say "F*** IT" and put my tires on a track sooner. You're missing out. I've had a few mishaps, but they were all when I knew the risk was there. GET ON THE TRACK!!! You won't regret it. You won't know what's right and wrong if you don't get out there.

G'day,

My advise to you is quite simple. Ride within your limits. You don't have to be the fastest guy out there and you will be at the track with people who have a lot more experience so don't get sucked in to riding their lap instead of yours. You are there to learn and you cannot learn if you are spending all your time riding at or above your ability.

We all started where you are at right now so just build up steadily and you will be fine.

Andy and the team will look after you on the day so head there with an open mind and a willingness to learn and you will have the best day of your life.

Cheers

Darren

Can't really disagree with Darren on this one. Riding at your own pace is a great fundamental approach that can be used throughout one's riding career.

Also Jason has a good point, good to get on a track, the school guys will look after you.

If I had one additional suggestion (in the perfect world) I'd go for doing 2 days in a row for the first time. Might not be possible due to schedule, funds, etc., but we've had very good results that way.

OK--after your school, we'd like to hear how it goes!

Best,

CF

PS--prepping by the books and DVD's is excellent background, good job on doing that.

PPS--Welcome! And good for posting up here, not lurking in the closet!