The "3-Step" - (Mis)Understood?

Hi!

Recently did level 1 and 2 and all new to this forum.

Believed myself to be a fairly capable and "thinking" rider even before, but the lesions/drills really do sharpen the tools on hand to both analyze and improve your riding technique.Great fun to, so thanx a lot!

So to my question - I´m not really sure I got the "3-step" as intended by CSS, and the time with my coach during that particular drill was cut a bit short. Its not really covered in ATOTWII. As I understand it the general point is to give a sequential guide to vision as:

1. Locate the turn-in point

2. Once comfortable you will hit it locate the apex

3. Once comfortable you will hit it locate the exit or vanishing point depending on which is most feasible in that specific corner.

Would you say this is correctly understood?

Hi Canidae,

You've got the sequence correct. The only thing I'd add is for the 3rd step, you may also look for the next turn point, in the case of a quick switchback for example.

If there's anything else that doesn't add up, just sing out.

Hi Canidae,

You've got the sequence correct. The only thing I'd add is for the 3rd step, you may also look for the next turn point, in the case of a quick switchback for example.

If there's anything else that doesn't add up, just sing out.

Many thanks for clarifying it! smile.gif

I had the same problem with Level II, didn't get enough time with the instructor...felt somewhat rushed...

I think we need 30 min open time at the end...to go over some stuff that was not cleared up earlier...on the track with the instructor...

taking Level III in Oct...