Thank You Css Level 3 And Especially Bullet

slobdog

I did level 3 in the UK (sileverstone stowe) on 11th Sept and all I can say is.....thank you very much!

I went into the day with a few issues (well 3 main riding ones as it turned out!). My confidence was on the floor having recently experienced two front end low sides, one on track, one road, both on left handers.

I explained this to my coach (Bullet) at the start of the day and he said - no problem, take it steady and we'll see what we can do......

Level 3 in general was a revelation. I finally learnt how to transfer my weight around the bike properly - the hip flick drill just brough it all home.

It was bullet's coaching that really made it come together on track (including a slap around the back of the head - which I needed!)

Anyway I left the day with solutions to my issues, which were:

1. Hanging off wayyyyyyy too much;

2. Gassing wayyyyyy too much/early on tight turns;

3. Weight transfer in chicanes (i.e. hip flick).

So I had a lot to think about on my next track day, which was at donington 2 dyas ago. I just concentrated on body position and smooth moving about the bike....and not gassing too early!.....didn't really think about my kneedown obsession which has been plauging me for months.

and then it happened......kneedown!!!!

First at Macleans, then redgate, then again and again......

How happy am I now!

Besides the magic kneedown, I was mainly delighted that I felt stable amd smooth! Much to work on still - all too aware of that!

Thanks Bullet and thanks CSS. See you at level 4 next year B)

I did level 3 in the UK (sileverstone stowe) on 11th Sept and all I can say is.....thank you very much!

I went into the day with a few issues (well 3 main riding ones as it turned out!). My confidence was on the floor having recently experienced two front end low sides, one on track, one road, both on left handers.

I explained this to my coach (Bullet) at the start of the day and he said - no problem, take it steady and we'll see what we can do......

Level 3 in general was a revelation. I finally learnt how to transfer my weight around the bike properly - the hip flick drill just brough it all home.

It was bullet's coaching that really made it come together on track (including a slap around the back of the head - which I needed!)

Anyway I left the day with solutions to my issues, which were:

1. Hanging off wayyyyyyy too much;

2. Gassing wayyyyyy too much/early on tight turns;

3. Weight transfer in chicanes (i.e. hip flick).

So I had a lot to think about on my next track day, which was at donington 2 dyas ago. I just concentrated on body position and smooth moving about the bike....and not gassing too early!.....didn't really think about my kneedown obsession which has been plauging me for months.

and then it happened......kneedown!!!!

First at Macleans, then redgate, then again and again......

How happy am I now!

Besides the magic kneedown, I was mainly delighted that I felt stable amd smooth! Much to work on still - all too aware of that!

Thanks Bullet and thanks CSS. See you at level 4 next year cool.gif

Hi mate,

Thanks very much for being a great student to work with. wink.gif

It's out job to make sure you get the best day possible, but also work on the things that are holding you back the most in your riding. Sometimes that's something we need to work on from an earlier level, and in this case, your throttle control did need some ironing out, mainly in those longer turns (duration), where the roll on had to be just so much slower. Anyway, hats off to you man, you took it on really well, we worked brilliantly as a team and you made mega progress. I can't tell you how good that makes my day!

Now onto the really good thing, you took it away and made it happen at Donny, on your own, without any coaching input from me. Knee down first time too! Wish I'd been there to see it, but you clearly took that leaning kept working with it and made your riding and your confidence better! So chuffed for ya fella.cool.gif

Look forward to seeing you next year mate.

Bullet

] Wish I'd been there to see it,

haha - I actually thought I wish bullet had been following me for that one ;)

When the photos go up on line, I'll put a link up so you can see have a look - hopefully there are some flattering ones :P

What would be the most interesting is; I was at donny about 3 weeks before I attended the level 3 too, same photographer, so it will be a good before and after comparison of your coaching :)

Great stuff Slobdog! Mate you can have the best coach on the planet yet you still won't learn a thing unless you're willing to listen and try, so well done, looks like you treated the day exactly as it should have been!

P.s. Bullet, don't confuse that statement to mean you are the best coach on the planet:D

Ok so the photos of my 'knee down' day are on line. There is a gallery from before my level 3 day and the one after, which shows the changes.

Before L3

After L3

No pictures of my kneedown - :( ah well, will have to give the photographer more opportunity next time!

To my poorly trained eye I would say the biggest difference is in my body position, it's less 'desperate' looking in the after pictures. The next biggest difference is confidence - I'm happier to relax and go with the bike, which results in more lean angle..... :D

Ok so the photos of my 'knee down' day are on line. There is a gallery from before my level 3 day and the one after, which shows the changes.

Before L3

After L3

No pictures of my kneedown - sad.gif ah well, will have to give the photographer more opportunity next time!

To my poorly trained eye I would say the biggest difference is in my body position, it's less 'desperate' looking in the after pictures. The next biggest difference is confidence - I'm happier to relax and go with the bike, which results in more lean angle..... biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Congratulation slobdog for your accomplisment. Practice makes perfect my friend.

I do not know if it's all the tracks in UK, But not headlights, rear breake, etc. taped.

Here in the States you have to tape your head lights, tail lights, turn signals, we have to

take the mirrors off. etc. Do you have to disconnect the lights in order to get on the tracks.

Just curious. Keep it up. Regards from the States.

The razor.

tongue.gif

Congratulation slobdog for your accomplisment. Practice makes perfect my friend.

I do not know if it's all the tracks in UK, But not headlights, rear breake, etc. taped.

Here in the States you have to tape your head lights, tail lights, turn signals, we have to

take the mirrors off. etc. Do you have to disconnect the lights in order to get on the tracks.

Just curious. Keep it up. Regards from the States.

The razor.

Hey Razor, thanks will defo keep it up B)

Most of the UK track day organisers recommnend you tape lights/mirrors/speedos up in their small print, however, when you actually get there none insist on removal / disconnection. Well, none I've been to anyway.

I just fold my mirrors in, some people do ride with their mirrors in 'normal position', but I'd find that distracting.

CSS schools are different, they always tape up the speedo and mirrors of road bikes. Not the brake lights or anything else though.

Well, the pics seem pretty conclusive to me. You can see you're not leaning of as far (and rotating), and you look much more comfortable and stable.

Great job, and buy the pics cheapskate. :-)

Bullet