Mupo Shocks: Heard Of 'em?

Have not heard of them, where are they made? Oz?

CF

No worries, I posted a reply but the Moderators deleted it, said it was "Bordering On Spam"

It had a hyperlink to the manufacturers in Italy.

The post was not intended to be perceived as spam, it was a question about a product in the appropriate forum.

"Bike Equipment"

I do not know about MUPO shocks, I had never heard of them before recently and wanted to know if anyone more knowledgable knew anything, or could tell us anything about them through first hand experience.

Does this mean you cannot ask about other Motorcycle related gear?

I also showed how to use a "Hyperlink"

No worries, I posted a reply but the Moderators deleted it, said it was "Bordering On Spam"

It had a hyperlink to the manufacturers in Italy.

The post was not intended to be perceived as spam, it was a question about a product in the appropriate forum.

"Bike Equipment"

I do not know about MUPO shocks, I had never heard of them before recently and wanted to know if anyone more knowledgable knew anything, or could tell us anything about them through first hand experience.

Does this mean you cannot ask about other Motorcycle related gear?

I also showed how to use a "Hyperlink"

Hi Klavdy,

It is certainly OK to post information, you were inquiring and answering a question, seems appropriate--I in fact was looking for information about them, not having heard of them, so a link to them is fine.

Maybe a comment from me here on this: talking about equipment, links to specific companies, questions about gear, manufacturers, this would be a legitimate back and forth dialogue, if that is the context it is in.

But if people put links to their business/products just to get a little side advertising in, that's not really quite the intention of the forum. We don't sell banners to anyone, there are no classified ads, personal ads, or threads on politics or guns (not that I'm not opinionated on all the above :rolleyes: ).

We will take a little license on this for someone like Steve Brubaker that represents a 31 year sponsor of the school, and a major reason we can offer the service we do. Steve donates his valuable time and expertise (which he does no where else), and I honestly believe he's been a real asset and service to this forum's members. He will of course be biased towards Dunlop, but I'll tell you this: I had a fast knowledable racer that I trust, who uses another manufacturer's tires look over Steve's posts, and he thought they were excellent.

Back to the subject at hand: posts that include links to bikes, gear, companies, trying to get info, this is for sure OK. Even a personal endorsment, like: "I used Zippo back protectors, they worked great." This is not advertising/spamming. If people take that too far, we'll review on a case by case basis.

If there is ever a question, anyone can e-mail me personally on this subject: cobie@superbikeschool.com or call the office any time: 800-530-3350 (323-224-2734 internationally).

I hope this clears this up, let me know any questions.

Best,

Cobie Fair

Archived