M4 Exhaust

I'd be careful with an exhaust like that, I've got a very similar style slash cut by Area P that melted my Vortices.

Pics here

This is exactly what i'm worry about:/ Are you touching the exhaust with your boot or is just because it's so close to it? How may miles have u done before it happened?

Occasionally my boot will hit the top, but it doesn't rest on it. The occasional touches combine with the summer heat here (Dallas TX) just melted it.

Took about two rides of a few hours for me to notice it.

I've had to fab up a ghetto-fabilous heat shield in order to stop it. I'll get some pics loaded this afternoon.

Occasionally my boot will hit the top, but it doesn't rest on it. The occasional touches combine with the summer heat here (Dallas TX) just melted it.

Took about two rides of a few hours for me to notice it.

I've had to fab up a ghetto-fabilous heat shield in order to stop it. I'll get some pics loaded this afternoon.

Thanks mate , waiting for the pics!

Ok, check that link again, more pics are up.

In the first close up pic you can see the aluminum overlay (under the foot peg) that covers the actual heat shield material (under the brake pedal).

The following pics show the stand offs I had welded to the exhaust to attach the cover/shield sandwich contraption.

Not pretty but it works.

The actual heat shield is from this company, it's the stainless version.

Archived