Another Hello From Oregon!

dsw

Hi all. Just introducing myself to this forum. My name is Dave, and I've frequented these forums several times before, primarily to learn what I can on tires.

I took a 2-day course a couple of years ago at Miller. It was a great experience. My very next track day at PIR in PDX was met with definitive improvements in my ability to ride both quicker and easier. All up until the last riding session...

I found myself going down on a sharp right hand turn. I spent the next season trying to figure out what I did wrong that day, and never really found any definitive resolution. While looking around, I read the thread in this forum that discussed tire pressures. Since then I've been browsing this forum, as I've found there to be a ton of useful (and dare I say "logical") information in this forum.

I have a picture of myself from that PIR trackday stashed somewhere. One clear thing about that picture was that my body positioning definitely could have been better. How ironic that the third level in this curriculum is centered around body positioning?

Well, that's all from me. Nice to meet you all.

dsw

Hi DSW,

Just got this, been gone a few days.

I really doubt tire pressure was a factor in the crash, unless you made a big change before you went out. I have quite a few questions for you, and one thing I think important is not to get stuck on what happened, specifically not knowing exactly what happened.

We could go back and forth, but best to just talk it over, I'll have a lot of questions--want to give me a ring in the office: 800-530-3350. Afternoons are best, call any time.

Best,

Cobie

Cobie,

Agreed. I also don't believe tire pressure was a factor, and I didn't make any changes all day. Thanks for the number. I'll be calling soon!

dsw

Hi DSW,

Just got this, been gone a few days.

I really doubt tire pressure was a factor in the crash, unless you made a big change before you went out. I have quite a few questions for you, and one thing I think important is not to get stuck on what happened, specifically not knowing exactly what happened.

We could go back and forth, but best to just talk it over, I'll have a lot of questions--want to give me a ring in the office: 800-530-3350. Afternoons are best, call any time.

Best,

Cobie

Nice chatting with you DSW, I like sorting out what causes problems for riders, for sure when they are not 100% certain, or have come to a conclusion that might not be the real cause.

Best,

CF

Archived