What The Difference Between 209 And 211 ?

Can't tell...looks like 209 was developed for supersport (600cc) and 211 for 1000cc (but can also be used on 600cc and 750cc) ?

thx!

The D211GP and D211GP will work on the 600, 750 or 1000. No problems.

check here: http://forums.superbikeschool.com/index.php?showtopic=2555&view=findpost&p=20730

and here: http://forums.superbikeschool.com/index.php?showtopic=2538&view=findpost&p=20491

if this does not answer the question let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question related to this. I'm trying to decide whether to go with the D211GPA or save a few bucks with the D209 special I can get through NESBA. I've been running Q2s on my 600 with no problems and getting fast B group/low I group times with NESBA. I've recently purchased a track only bike that's got a good bit more power so it's time to switch to track rubber. For a 2007 Aprilia RSV1000R, which of your DOT tires would be the best tire for that bike and/or also the best value for rider that isn't going to be setting any track records on them. Thanks Steve.

I have a question related to this. I'm trying to decide whether to go with the D211GPA or save a few bucks with the D209 special I can get through NESBA. I've been running Q2s on my 600 with no problems and getting fast B group/low I group times with NESBA. I've recently purchased a track only bike that's got a good bit more power so it's time to switch to track rubber. For a 2007 Aprilia RSV1000R, which of your DOT tires would be the best tire for that bike and/or also the best value for rider that isn't going to be setting any track records on them. Thanks Steve.

What tracks are you going to be riding on?

What tracks are you going to be riding on?

The vast majority of my track days are on the various configurations of VIR, mostly north course. Occasionally, I hit CMP or trek up to Summit Point Shenandoah. Way different tracks I know, so I'd just say that VIR is my "home track".

I would start with the D211GPA. Med front and Med rear. That will work on all the tracks you mention.

Have a good ride.

Steve;

Can you let us know about the difference? I have been on the 209's for a few years and still have a "new" rear I haven't used yet; but I will need to replace the front soon anyway so I am curious if there is a big difference between the two to jump to the 211's now and sell my "new" 209?

Rainman

Steve;

Can you let us know about the difference? I have been on the 209's for a few years and still have a "new" rear I haven't used yet; but I will need to replace the front soon anyway so I am curious if there is a big difference between the two to jump to the 211's now and sell my "new" 209?

Rainman

Hi Kevin,

Is the 209 you have a soft 209GPA? I run the NTEC slicks but have a 200/65/17 211GP that I have been dying to use at a trackday. The new tires have fantastic grip. I was having an issue with the 209GPA soft compound tires. THe two compounds on the tire meet right where I was getting on the throttle the hardest. I could only get about 35 laps out of the rear and because of the tread design didn't want to flip it.

Steve;

Rainman

Hi Kevin,

Is the 209 you have a soft 209GPA? I run the NTEC slicks but have a 200/65/17 211GP that I have been dying to use at a trackday. The new tires have fantastic grip. I was having an issue with the 209GPA soft compound tires. THe two compounds on the tire meet right where I was getting on the throttle the hardest. I could only get about 35 laps out of the rear and because of the tread design didn't want to flip it.

Hey D;

Thanks for responding. The 209's are soft and they are also cooked. BTW, I found out that you can high side a Ducati after riding one for ten years. I caught it just at the last second but really put some pain into my leg when I fought to stay on board.

The reason I asked was the rave I hear about the N-Tech construction incorporated into the 211 GP-A's and the virtual silence on the 209's. With an unused 209 in the garage I was contemplating selling it and going with a set of 211's and your feedback pushed me to that decision. Thanks my man!

PS your race reports are a real treat to read - even when they get dark. Now with Greg Gorman's silence, you're the only one lately that is writin' 'bout racin' up here...at least in a detailed and story telling kind of way. Thanks for doing that.

Rain

Steve;

Rainman

Hi Kevin,

Hey D;

Thanks for responding. The 209's are soft and they are also cooked. BTW, I found out that you can high side a Ducati after riding one for ten years. I caught it just at the last second but really put some pain into my leg when I fought to stay on board.

The reason I asked was the rave I hear about the N-Tech construction incorporated into the 211 GP-A's and the virtual silence on the 209's. With an unused 209 in the garage I was contemplating selling it and going with a set of 211's and your feedback pushed me to that decision. Thanks my man!

PS your race reports are a real treat to read - even when they get dark. Now with Greg Gorman's silence, you're the only one lately that is writin' 'bout racin' up here...at least in a detailed and story telling kind of way. Thanks for doing that.

Rain

The racers have mixed feelings about the 211GPA and the GP. I don't really think it at my level of riding there is a big difference. The tire I have is a take off and plan on putting it on my RC51 I just bought to run at Barber in a few weeks. I just bought the bike and plan on riding in WERA Heavyweight Twins and ARMHA Battle Of The Twins. All the feedback I get is that the 211GP is such a good tire. I love the NTEC Slicks. I feel guilty if I'm not ringing the throttles neck when I'm on them.

I will try and put something up about racing soon. We have a pile of motorcycles we need to make into one to continue the endurance racing so the next installment won't be until August for Cycle Jam at VIR.

211GP's (race motorsport tyre), sensational, really just amazing. ran them at Jerez and the feel and the ability to slide and feel in control is just amazing...

Bullet

211GP's (race motorsport tyre), sensational, really just amazing. ran them at Jerez and the feel and the ability to slide and feel in control is just amazing...

Bullet

" ran them at Jerez ".....shut up :)

Archived