Oil For S1000Rr

Researched as much as i could find on oil on the s1000rr. I been changing my oil every 1k to 1.5k depending on how hard i pound on her, with what is recommended from Bmw. Saw there were a couple glitches with break in's(2010's) and even with people changing there oil to high performance synthetics(ams, redline, ect...). I was curious what you guys are using, and when your changing? I apologize if this was already posted, couldn't find it on the search for it. that and this is a pretty new area with limited post's.

Not sure how often Will has been able to get up here, I'll shoot him a note.

We just got back from what was in essence a 6 week trip for him, and it hasn't stopped!

CF

Not sure how often Will has been able to get up here, I'll shoot him a note.

We just got back from what was in essence a 6 week trip for him, and it hasn't stopped!

CF

No Problem at all, I know you guys are extremely busy.

Appreciate the response, Thank you

Sorry about the late reply, I thought I answered this with my phone but it doesn't seem to have worked out.

I try to hit 2500 miles on the school bike but the truth is the oil is good past that. Modern engines simply don't contaminate the oil like iron liner carborated bike did. the oil is better too. To tell you the truth in my own bikes and cars I don't even look at the mileage, I look at the color of the oil. I have run my car 7 to 9,000 at times with oil still looking acceptable (not black or opaque).

On the other hand in my last race bike it was every event, mostly because I was using 0W20 non-detergent for the races and 15W50 for practice.

My advice is run it until you notice the color change, if you are running full synthetic motorcycle oil.

Sorry about the late reply, I thought I answered this with my phone but it doesn't seem to have worked out.

I try to hit 2500 miles on the school bike but the truth is the oil is good past that. Modern engines simply don't contaminate the oil like iron liner carborated bike did. the oil is better too. To tell you the truth in my own bikes and cars I don't even look at the mileage, I look at the color of the oil. I have run my car 7 to 9,000 at times with oil still looking acceptable (not black or opaque).

On the other hand in my last race bike it was every event, mostly because I was using 0W20 non-detergent for the races and 15W50 for practice.

My advice is run it until you notice the color change, if you are running full synthetic motorcycle oil.

Oh no problem at all, I know you guys are extremely busy. I usually always watch oil color, and also look for any contamination. I'm more used to cars though with lower wear/rev's, but I'm also doing a lot of off-roading. Just thought smaller motors with way higher revs would demand more attention. lol always rather be safe then sorry. Really appreciate your response, thank you. it means a lot.

Blaine Hudak

Archived