2-Day School Needs

This has probably been answered before, but : I know that all the gear is supplied for the 2days, but any suggestions as to anything that might be useful other than that? Chair, shade, extra clothes, t shirts or socks. Will there be any need to change clothes. how about sunscreen ? Any advice would be helpful. I am going to Streets in September. First timer. Never been to track at all. So complete nube. Thanks

I did the 2 day camp at VIR last month and you could literally just show up with the right attitude and be fine. They provide everything you need, food, water, gear, etc. That said, if you are a picky eater you should bring your own food (the school provides a nice variety and there is food available all day), sports drinks would be good if you like them, and since I'm not familiar with the paddock area at Streets, I would recommend chairs and some shade (the school has a huge awning but it is nice to have your own area).

Here's my review of the 2 day camp if you are interested and feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

http://forums.superb...?showtopic=2967

Have fun and let us know how it goes for you.

Best,

Carey

This has probably been answered before, but : I know that all the gear is supplied for the 2days, but any suggestions as to anything that might be useful other than that? Chair, shade, extra clothes, t shirts or socks. Will there be any need to change clothes. how about sunscreen ? Any advice would be helpful. I am going to Streets in September. First timer. Never been to track at all. So complete nube. Thanks

As said above, if you're a picky eater, bring your own food. They provide a small breakfast (nothing cooked, just fruit and stuff), sandwiches and chips for lunch, and there's always something laying around to snack on. They also have water and gatorade.

Something to peel off the suit easier would be smart. I wear spandex under the leathers so it slides off. Long sleeve shirt and pant spandex. It will save you lots of energy.

MAYBE, if you burn easily, should you bring sunscreen. There is lots of shade.

I even camped out at the track to save money on hotel when I went. Then you'd need all the camping stuff you normally bring.

You should consider bringing your own riding gear (at least helmet)... I used the school's when I did level 1-2 and it was the single disappointing part of the experience.

I just finished a 2-day camp at Barber and I am a picky eater, I did not have any problems with the food or snacks. The B-fast was scrambled eggs and some fruit and breads, stuff like that. The lunch was sandwiches and chips, also some salad stuff and more fruit. They also had some pasta stuff, but like I said I am a picky eater.....lol. They put out fruit, cookies, crackers, and chips throughout the day and had plenty of water and some sport drink mix in a cooler. I used their leathers but had my own helmet, boots and gloves. I am a little hard to fit in leathers so they were a little over sized but I was having too much fun on the bike to worry about it. I was using underarmor (bought it from acadamy) under the leathers which made getting out of them a lot easier. Hope some of this helps, but like others have said, just show up rested with a ready to learn attitude and you will have a great time.

Have fun

Archived