Bmw S1000Rr Traction Control

I was watching the Superbike racing at Mid-Ohio and (July 2011) and the commentators mentioned that Steve Rapp (I think it was him and not Larry Pegram) had gone back to nearly stock traction control settings. I actually find that kind of comforting. I worry when a company makes a "race bike" then throws everything away and starts fresh when money is on the line.

I was watching the Superbike racing at Mid-Ohio and (July 2011) and the commentators mentioned that Steve Rapp (I think it was him and not Larry Pegram) had gone back to nearly stock traction control settings. I actually find that kind of comforting. I worry when a company makes a "race bike" then throws everything away and starts fresh when money is on the line.

I heard that as well but I thought it was Pegram. Either way it does beg the question: what were they doing differently than the stock programming and why? All year I have been hearing that the BMW has had tire management issues. It is really apparent in WSBK where riders like Haslam and Corser clearly have the pace until the tires run off. This is an area where I wish the commentary was more technical but then again I'm weird like that.

Archived