Kevlar Jeans

A friend told me he heard about jeans made with kevlar that gave abrasion protection while maintaining a casual aesthetic.

I googled it and this site popped up: http://www.dragginjeans.net/

Of course, I can only see this being worn for commuting/street riding but it's nice to know there is protection out there with a more casual look. But hey, wearing race leathers to the office or school every now and then sounds entertaining.

I am in the UK and have Hood Jeans, which are really good as well... Hood are made to measure - they tell you to get your favourite fitting jeans, measure the waist buttoned up, and the inner leg length, then they customise your jeans to your size perfectly.

I tried DragginJeans on in a shop and the size 34" waist was very tight for me, and I wear a 31" (32" with a belt...)

I have a pair of the Draggin jeans and wear them often on the street. Last May I hit an oil slick mid corner and went lowside. The jeans held up very well. Aside from a bruised rib (chest armor in the jacket probably saved it from a break), it was a non issue. ATGATT means different things to different people, for me the kevlar jeans are an acceptable compromise in the Virginia heat. But they are a compromise, for spirited riding I suck it up and wear the track pants. I've even put on the track leathers a time or two, the chick at Starbucks thought they were tres cool…

At least I looked fast. :D

maybe one day kevlar reinforced suits (as in formal wear) will enter production *crosses fingers*.

Archived