That's good thinking. Any way you can get there. Mine expired a couple of years ago, but I would have checked into it if someone had mentioned it.

I haven't heard that, but I wouldn't necessarily, don't do the daily registrations. Some have gotten their command to cover the training costs, but that's not that common I believe.

CF

I'm not an expert on the GI Bill, but I believe you have to use even the post-9/11 GI Bill for a program that would result in something at the end - meaning a degree, diploma, vocational certification, etc. In other words, I don't think it can be used for the occasional two-day training event. If CSS offered some sort of formal certification after a year or two of full-time training - you become a "master riding instructor" or whatever - then under those circumstances I could see the GI Bill might fit. Your best bet will of course be to check with the VA. If you do find you can make this work then please let me know because I'll apply right after you do :). Good luck!

Archived