2 Different Style Bikes; 2 Different Riding Styles?

sky084

Hi all.

I have a Motard style Aprilia Dorsoduro and my track bike is a GSXR750.

My question is what riding style do you suggest I should use on the Aprilia?

My Aprilia does not seem to mind if I attempt to hang off a little or sit up purely motard style (on the road at legal speeds). I do not feel as though I can get down on the tank for a straight push on the bars for countersteering as it's not really suited to that riding style anyway. As it is my daily ride, how can I try to emulate the 'Twist of the wrist' style on this bike? I know the bars are exceptionally wide and a little input gives a lot of result, however I can not get comfortable trying the true 'hang off', arms on the tank style.

Thoughts?

Rob.

...........I can not get comfortable trying the true 'hang off', arms on the tank style..........

The best riding position during cornering is the one that makes you comfortable and the suspension stable.

If you try to hang-off to reduce the lean angle of the bike and to improve the suspension, but, because improper ergo, you introduce undesired mid turn steering inputs and/or suspension-upsetting forces while relocating your butt in the saddle, any benefit is annulled.

...........I can not get comfortable trying the true 'hang off', arms on the tank style..........

The best riding position during cornering is the one that makes you comfortable and the suspension stable.

If you try to hang-off to reduce the lean angle of the bike and to improve the suspension, but, because improper ergo, you introduce undesired mid turn steering inputs and/or suspension-upsetting forces while relocating your butt in the saddle, any benefit is annulled.

well said.