My Humble Mountain Pass Video

Took it some time back while still recovering from the flu, just got the chance to edit it and upload to youtube.

Its super shakey as i taped and necklaced my handphone "rig" to my chest (jacket) and the roads here... lots of uneven surfaces

some notes:

1:19 >uphill climb starts with a 90 degree slight banked left and left hairpin followed by right hairpin

1:52-1:55 >hard left to right transition (fast flick , i think i did a grade 7 steering rate (10 being world champ) there )

4:21 : 4:43 >multiple slow speed hairpin turns

4:21 - 4:49 > hard uphill left to right transition

5:55 - 6:00 >hard left

6:03-6.06 > hard left, mid turn corrections(incoming car, too near the double yellow line)

8:08 >begin of mountainpass descend

8:26 > multiple medoum speed hairpin turns

9:21 -9:28 banked medium to hi speed hairpin

9:53 -10:10 multiple left/right flick turns

11:13> 11:16 hi speed unbanked decending left turn

bike:
stock engine 9HP at crankshaft , modded CVT running on stock exhaust, front disc (stock caliper + GG sintered pads) rear drum (aftermarket pads) setup, revalved front damper rods with 20W oil + 40 USD after market rear shock X2

average speed : 15KM in 13 mins = 69 km/h , no hanging off (just a guesstimate )

road quality/lane: coarse with patches of new "humped" tarmac and manhole covers in the middle of the road /corners , 2 to 1 lane and 1 to 2 lane mixture with cars parked sometimes on one lane roads

experience: 12000 KM of CSS styled riding(self taught , book+dvd) ~ :D

track experience : none

any comments on how to take a better video (fixing the rig/gear/tips) and constructive comments on cornering/how i can improve are most welcome! :)

ktk what kind of camera are you using?

As for mounts I tried the mounting stuff that I bought for my GoPro but was not very happy. It seemed that it was more for bicycles rather than motorcycles.

I have since switched over to Ram mounts. http://www.rammount.com/Products/MotorcycleMounts/tabid/128/Default.aspx#/ So far so good with them.

ktk what kind of camera are you using?

As for mounts I tried the mounting stuff that I bought for my GoPro but was not very happy. It seemed that it was more for bicycles rather than motorcycles.

I have since switched over to Ram mounts. http://www.rammount..../Default.aspx#/ So far so good with them.

I mcguyvered it using duct/double sided tape and twistie wire, gonna get a mount that fits on my side mirror imho