Who's Doing Trackdays This Season? Where And When?

rchase

Hotfoot started a topic about what was keeping you from the track and that got me thinking. How many CSS people are doing trackdays and where are they doing them? Might be interesting to say hello in the Paddock.

I'll start. I don't have any dates arranged yet but I generally ride Barber Motorsports Park and Road Atlanta and will be riding with both Sportbike Track Time and Nesba. At the moment I'm riding Novice with STT but that may change soon. I have yet to attend an event with Nesba and look forward to that experience.

I havent set any dates yet either but I ususally ride with NESBA and Team ProMotion at: VIR, NCBIKE, and occasionally Summit Point. And I'm planning on another level 4 with CSS at VIR in May. I'll post up firm dates when I schedule them.

And I would be interested to hear your thoughts on NESBA compared to STT when you get to ride them with them.

And I would be interested to hear your thoughts on NESBA compared to STT when you get to ride them with them.

Certainly will once I ride with NESBA. STT is a great org as well but I'm looking to explore some other groups and NESBA seems like a good one to find out more about. :)

Up here in southern Ontario I have been doing track days at Toronto Motorsports Park operated by a variety of groups, and at Grand Bend as well as Mosport operated by Ducati Owners Club of Canada. Last year I started doing a lot more at Grand Bend, Run by Racer 5 and / or SOAR (Southern Ontario Association of Racing), and I intend to start racing with SOAR this year. That likely means I will do most or all of my track riding at Grand Bend, with maybe an early season test-and-tune kinda day at TMP (got to get used to the warmers and slicks!).

Even though we are just a bunch of middle-aged guys starting racing for fun, our endurance team has a website: http://www.prairie-dog-racing.com/

In addition to the endurance racing I will run in Battle of the Twins. I will likely post on-board videos of the races on youtube if anyone wants a good laugh this year!

Certainly will once I ride with NESBA. STT is a great org as well but I'm looking to explore some other groups and NESBA seems like a good one to find out more about. :)

I did a shared event with Team ProMotion and STT at VIR last year and really enjoyed riding with the STT coaches. They were a good group and encouraged us to come down to Barber for one of their events.

Finally scheduled with CSS to do Level 4 on May 30 and 31st at Barber Motorsports Park. This will be my second time doing Level 4 and I'm going to be taking my own bike this time. Really looking forward to getting some coaching and solving some specific problems.

Of course now it's time to schedule some trackdays as well. :)

Finally scheduled with CSS to do Level 4 on May 30 and 31st at Barber Motorsports Park.

I am trying to manage to get there those same days, level 3 and 4 on my bike.

A new local track was scheduled to be built not too far away but alas that fell apart so likely relagated to the same old tired 1.1 mile track at the local school

Finally scheduled with CSS to do Level 4 on May 30 and 31st at Barber Motorsports Park.

I am trying to manage to get there those same days, level 3 and 4 on my bike.

A new local track was scheduled to be built not too far away but alas that fell apart so likely relagated to the same old tired 1.1 mile track at the local school

Very cool. Hopefully we will bump into one another in the paddock.

Not trying to scare you but when I registered there were not many slots left. You might want to get in while you still can. How's that for a measure of how popular the school is though? This early in the year and already almost full. :)

I plan on doing a load of days at Streets while CSS is there, hope to get in one or two race rounds out at chuckwalla with CVMA, gonna try and make it up the The Ridge this summer for a few days, and I'd like to go back and try Autoclub Speedway again as my only trip there was marred by mechanical issues with my bike

No solid plans yet but I'll definitely hit a few days at Jennings GP which is my "home" track after I get back from my deployment. I'll be at Barber with CSS all four days. I'm also hoping to try NOLA and Road Atlanta this year. I'll post up here when I go in case anyone wants to try to join up.

Are there any other Jennings GP regulars in this forum?

Benny

Benny. Wow 4 days at the track with the best instructors on the planet. That's going to awesome! And at Barber none the less. :)

Jennings GP is a bit of a drive for me but I have been tempted a couple of times to do a private rental on their track. The weekday rates are dirt cheap and I can't think of anything more posh than having a racetrack all to myself for a whole day. Might have to check Jennings out and see what I think in person on a track day this season.

I've planned a few track days this year. Mostly with Motoyard and Moto West GP at Willow Springs. Let know if you'll be at any of these, or look for a white red black CBR600RR and ask for me (Vince). This is as far as I've planned for the year.

Feb 16-17 Buttonwillow Let's Ride

March 08-09 Willow Springs Motowest GP Round 1

March 24-25 Code Race

March 29-30 Streets of Willow Trackxperience

April 11-12 Streets of Willow Motowest GP Round 2

rchase,

Barber is definitely my favorite track so far. I worked corners for CSS there in 2012 and had an absolute blast riding it. The elevation changes are awesome, especially coming up the hill into turn 4. I'd have been back for the 4 days last year if I hadn't gotten deployed on short notice.

Jennings is a great track too. Although it's flat, it's a technical course with a great flow and several linked corners. I have no doubt you'd really enjoy it. We can chat more about it at Barber. See you there!

Benny

Benny,

I have to agree. Barber is my favorite too. In fact I love Barber so much that it's exit off of I20 is my bike number on my R6 that I will be doing trackdays on this year. :)

See you there!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not able to plan my trackdays out that far in advance. I have annual goals.

Did a new track last year, as planned (Arroyo Seco CCW in New Mexico and Arizona Motorsports Park), but the rest was a wash (RACING, getting back to Auto Club).

This year the goal is still to race at Arroyo and get back to Auto Club. LOVE Auto Club. With my new set-up, I need to break the 1:45 barrier. Make that one of my goals as well. A non-riding goal is to see Moto GP outside the US. Motegi is the plan in October, but with Fukishima acting up and being just north of Motegi, I'm just hoping they still do it.

Kicking off the season with Levels 3 & 4 @ Streets of Willow in mid-April. Nervous because it'll be my first time back on a bike since our season ended in Sept, but excited as I'll be on my own bike this time with a new chassis setup which supposedly makes a world of difference on the 848.

For trackdays, I'll be doing the normal ZARS big track schedule: 2day at Road America for Memorial Day, 2day at BIR featuring both the DonnyBrooke AND Competition Course, separate day at Road America, and season finale @ BIR. Hopefully can make a couple of other dates at BIR thru trackdays hosted by Ducati Minneapolis. And I also plan on trying out Blackhawk Farms thru MotoVid...with potentially doing the 1-on-1 with Jason Ferrell. Only planning to do 3 of the 5 CRA race weekends this season. Sadly no NESBA Barber trip planned this season, as I'm working towards a 4 wheeled goal for next year, so needing to save my pennies thruout the year with triple-save time once moto season winds down.

-Christian

So far no mention of the UK! Am hoping for a couple of goes, I fancy Brands Hatch, it's a 4-5 hour drive from my house by I have a local friend who wants to ride tehre with me. Also am thinking of going back to Silverstone for the full GP track, I think there is a date in June organised by the track themselves. That's about it. Silverstone is pretty fast and I was getting munched on the straights for a while, but at my level they're not all riding gods so the corners sort out the men from the boys.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a polite heads up for my CSS friends. I did some poking around in the NESBA forums a bit ago and it seems like they are having some issues with some of the Southeast Region dates. Seems they canceled their Barber date but still are selling it on the website. No official word yet from NESBA but there are rumors floating around that the SE region might go the way of the MW region. If your planning on signing up for NESBA dates you may want to check out their forums ahead of time to see what's going on.

Here's a link to one of many threads on the topic.

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=33161