Newbie From Malaysia

Hi.. I am Kimi, from Malaysia.. I am a street rider (occasionally join trackday) with less than 10 years of riding experience. I used to ride a ZXR250, CBR600 and currently own a BMW HP4. I had very little experience on the track.

I am always trying to improve my riding skills. Last 2 weeks, I went for a riding clinic with Cameron Donald in Sepang (Half of the participants were local racer competing in our local race). i was really impressed by Cam and some of the experienced rider. They were fast & smooth on their bike.. After the class, i realized how little i know about track riding. Now, I am ready to take a step back to improve my riding skills.

I've registered myself for CSS level 1 to 3 for this upcoming June 2014 session at Willow Spring.. I will be arriving LA from Kuala Lumpur on 6th June. Any advice on the accommodation? (FYI, I saw an old post here saying to stay at 'Inn of Lancaster', but i found out the place is permanently closed?.. I've drop an email to Devonshire motel last week, but has not receive any reply).. other near by alternatives?

cheers,

kimi

Hi.. I am Kimi, from Malaysia.. I am a street rider (occasionally join trackday) with less than 10 years of riding experience. I used to ride a ZXR250, CBR600 and currently own a BMW HP4. I had very little experience on the track.

I am always trying to improve my riding skills. Last 2 weeks, I went for a riding clinic with Cameron Donald in Sepang (Half of the participants were local racer competing in our local race). i was really impressed by Cam and some of the experienced rider. They were fast & smooth on their bike.. After the class, i realized how little i know about track riding. Now, I am ready to take a step back to improve my riding skills.

I've registered myself for CSS level 1 to 3 for this upcoming June 2014 session at Willow Spring.. I will be arriving LA from Kuala Lumpur on 6th June. Any advice on the accommodation? (FYI, I saw an old post here saying to stay at 'Inn of Lancaster', but i found out the place is permanently closed?.. I've drop an email to Devonshire motel last week, but has not receive any reply).. other near by alternatives?

cheers,

kimi

Inn of Lancaster is a good place to stay but they are now called "America's Best Value Inn". 44131 N. Sierra Hwy, Lancaster, CA93534. (661) 945-8771

I recommend you steer clear of Devonshire Inn, it's not very nice and the parking lot there is not a secure place for your vehicle.

There is also a Holiday Inn Express near Ave K in Lancaster that would be a good choice.

Hi Kimi!!!

I've signed up for the same week of training as you. I'll be staying at Hilton Garden inn Palmdale [which costed me about 120 USD per night].

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/hilton-garden-inn-palmdale-BURPDGI/index.html

I don't know the place but it seems ok by the internet =P.

I'll see you on the race track !!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

cheers,

kimi

Inn of Lancaster is a good place to stay but they are now called "America's Best Value Inn". 44131 N. Sierra Hwy, Lancaster, CA93534. (661) 945-8771

I recommend you steer clear of Devonshire Inn, it's not very nice and the parking lot there is not a secure place for your vehicle.

There is also a Holiday Inn Express near Ave K in Lancaster that would be a good choice.

Thanks Hotfoot for the info...i've made my booking with America's Best value inn...

Hi Kimi!!!

I've signed up for the same week of training as you. I'll be staying at Hilton Garden inn Palmdale [which costed me about 120 USD per night].

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/hilton-garden-inn-palmdale-BURPDGI/index.html

I don't know the place but it seems ok by the internet =P.

I'll see you on the race track !!!!!!!!!

Rafael,

Great..FYI, i've made my booking with Americas best value inn... i'll see you on the track... :)