New To Forum

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, but not the school. Have visited the East coast tracks with CSS, and planning on making a West coast visit in the near future. I'm usually looking for advice on setting up my bike as no matter how much a fiddle, I can't seem to get my bike to feel as planted as the school's fleet bikes.

Welcome Josh! Tell us more about you and your bike. I went through some issue with bike setup and recently had my suspension resprung and the valves done. It has made a massive difference.

And which east coast tracks have you ridden with CSS on?

I've ridden at VIR and Thunderbolt with CSS, though I have fairly easy access to Mid-Ohio and Summit Point during the rest of the year. I have a 2011 s1000RR that I picked up with about 2000 miles on it early last year. I don't think anything was done by the previous owner, as he didn't own it long or race it, but I can't seem to get it set up comfortably. With CSS, I imagine their bikes are set up to accomodate the wide variety of users, yet their bikes always just feel 'right'. So in short, I'm searching the forum on previous topics dealing with bike set-up.

I've ridden at VIR and Thunderbolt with CSS, though I have fairly easy access to Mid-Ohio and Summit Point during the rest of the year. I have a 2011 s1000RR that I picked up with about 2000 miles on it early last year. I don't think anything was done by the previous owner, as he didn't own it long or race it, but I can't seem to get it set up comfortably. With CSS, I imagine their bikes are set up to accomodate the wide variety of users, yet their bikes always just feel 'right'. So in short, I'm searching the forum on previous topics dealing with bike set-up.

What specific issue are you having with the setup? I had issues with the stock rearsets myself. Changing them out for Woodcraft rearsets adjusted as low as possible helped a lot with my long legs. :)

That's a really good point in regards to the grip pads. I rode my S1000RR for a few weeks on the street without them. When they were finally installed it helped out massively.

I have Rosso II's on (typically between 28-32 depending on temperature and conditions), grip pads are a yes. Felt like I was losing the back end a bit, like it was plowing. BMW mechanic said my rear sag was probably too stiff and removed the pre-load. He said that the BMW guidelines suggested that rear sag be around 42. I asked for 30-32 and we compromised at 37 to see how things felt for the time being. Now it just feels kind loose. I'm going to re-adjust back down to 30. I'm thinking it was probably in the 20's and we just took out too much.