Different Worlds

From the Valencia test:

Baz:

“The bike is fantastic. It's very different to the Superbike. I feel like it's the opposite riding style. In Superbike you have to slow down a lot in the middle of the corner and pick up the bike to open the gas. Here you can carry a lot of corner speed so I have to get back to this riding style. I had to forget this in the last few seasons.”

Miller: "Of course it was a little difficult to change direction and everything happens a little slower. It's a special bike. Earlier in the day I was trying to ride it like a Moto3 and ride it smooth but you can't do that at all. You have to do a 'V', stop it and turn it on the rear tyre.”

Vinales:

In the corners I feel good. I think the most different thing [to Moto2] is the brakes and the power. In the corner the bike is more fast so we need to work more and maintain the bike. For sure the chassis is really good. I can brake really hard and turn good. I just need to be more clever with the gas. So, for now, I need to find the limit.” “They feel good, a lot of grip. You can go [into the corner] full brakes. It's quite different to Moto2. Moto2 you need to be more careful but with this bike I can be really strong on the brakes."
Laverty: "The carbon brakes stop better and there's no real mystery with them, I didn't expect to find anything new with them, the only difference is the tyres,” Laverty said. “It's a different end of the scale compared to what I'm used to in previous years. The front suits my style, I like to squeeze the brake into the corner, and already my braking matches what we saw on this bike at the weekend. “The rear is totally different and the tyre spins so easily, usually in the past when the tyre spins it means that you're not going forward but with this you can use it to turn the bike as well. This Honda seems to be ridden like that so it's a lot of fun! “The front is pushing and it's not giving me the feedback that I need. I'll try some different tyres tomorrow because that's where the big step will come from.""I really like the feeling of the rear and this engine is so nice and controllable that I could spin the bike quite early on. I like that riding style. The issue now is with the front, I've got my braking pressure right but the front is moving around on me a lot. I need to figure out why it's doing that because that's what's holding me back.“The front is pushing and it's not giving me the feedback that I need. I'll try some different tyres tomorrow because that's where the big step will come from."