The School Bike R6 Setup And My R1

I recently did the Level 1 at Silverstone. A fantastic day and the weather was very kind.

Now back home on my '99 R1 is there anything I can do to the set up of my bike to make it handle at little more like the track R6?

I don't want extreme handling but I'm thinking maybe a little fiddle here and there might make a great bike even better and help with general cornering etc.

Second to this I also have a 2000 GSXR 750 in the family that now feels so slow and lardy. I owned a 98 version of this bike before the R1 and it felt like a great bike, is it just that I am now spoiled by the R1 style/power and the R6 track bike. Or could this one also do with a little tinkering?

• 2 months later...

Hair Bear,

I was having a look, not sure if you got an answer to this. Best thing would be to contact our UK branch guys directly (if you haven't already done so). They'll have the data on what they have done. Some bikes need the back end up (like most of the Kawasaki's.

johnhy@superbikeschool.co.uk should get you the UK chief instructor Johnny.

I'm not at my computer now, but if you don't get an answer, shoot me an e-mail, and I'll get you the address for sure for the UK guys.

Best,

Cobie

cobie@superbikeschool.com