Arizona Motorsport Park

This track is extremely flat. There is almost no elevation change. The surface is a bit rough in some spots but this has been helping with reference points. 

I came out there and the first time I went out and I felt like I was trying, I set a pace of 2:45. The lap record is like a full minute faster than this. 

After that day, I came back and adjusted the tire pressure, adjusted my turn in points, my steering input, my line, my breathing, and almost my lean angle...got it down to 2:12 and I felt like I was pushing my luck. 

I decided it was going to be my last session out and I would take it easy. I started breathing more and loosening my grip on the bars. I started braking later and kept in mind smooth releases on the brake lever. 

Got it down to 2:07!!! I know it is still a slow time at this track, but I am getting very confident with my body positioning, setting lean angle, and knowing when to accelerate. The next few things I am working on are: accelerating earlier when the lean angle is set and not coasting; trusting myself that the bike will make the turn; higher entry speeds; quicker steering responses. 

As far as body position, the pictures are showing that I am getting comfortable and have everything in the right place including staying loose in my arms and using pivot steering. I know I can get lower! Dani Pedrosa and I are the same height so if he can do it, I can too! RIGHT?!?! Even though I know I do not neeeeed to be on the ground for my current pace, I am working toward it. 

Thank you for all of your teaching, guidance, and encouragement. I cannot wait to do level 4! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2017 at 1:22 PM, Jaybird180 said:

Do you know what profile & size tire Dani Pedrosa uses? Specifically the rim width? You may wish to gather all the facts before setting your bar.

I do not! But I will do my research! Thank you! I would love to have a similar wheel and tire set up to help with my goals. 

On 12/21/2017 at 11:20 PM, Hotfoot said:

Those are massive changes in lap times, and sounds like you are doing it with a plan, making changes gradually so as not to fire off the SRs, and really using the drills and techniques from the school, great job! Glad to hear you are getting such excellent results, well done!

Thank you! Yes I love learning and improving! 

• Like 1