Top Handling Bike

OK, here's the question: What's the best handling bike you have ever ridden (we'll stick to road bikes for this), and then why? I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Cobie

• 3 months later...

OK, here's the question: What's the best handling bike you have ever ridden (we'll stick to road bikes for this), and then why? I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Cobie

For this old guy it is my CBR 600 F4, it was set up for the track originally when it was new by a AMA racer as a track play toy, it all the work was done to the best quality. I have been fortunate enough to have Dave Moss around at several track days I have atteneded, and he has continued to refine the suspesion for my riding style.

You were my coach at Level I on 4/1, and that little bike I can put anywhere on the track and get superb feedback as to what it is doing.

When the front end starts to push, add a bit of throttle and the rear accepts the load transfer. When the back end steps out it never wants to just rev up to 5000 rpm faster than what I am holding, but just gets a grip, so not to worried about a high side.

I own several Aprilia bikes, but I have no desire to ride them on the track as this little bike is just too honest. Neat thing on the technical tracks such as SOW, Thunderhill, etc. I don't give up anything except at the very end of a straight to a liter bike.

I am a happy camper.

Have to agree with you on the current 600's compared to the liter bikes---it's only later in the straights that they really pull away.

Most of my coaches at the school, can ride the 600's better, and prefer too (for sure I do!)

Best,

CF