GORMAN, 2 weeks...

Planning on a little social distancing at Gorman, on Sat April 11 or maybe even Sunday, April 12.  In case other's might want to socially distance themselves to an OHV area (providing still open).

2000 KX 250 (2-stroke).  What a hoot to ride.  I know the 4-strokes can be a bit easier, but it sure is easy to start when I watch the other guys kicking the pea-waddin out of their 450's.

Saw that Gorman is now closed, and really...I don't get it.  Can easily practice social distancing.  We are seeing if we can get to the other BLM land, hope that stays open!

5 hours ago, Cobie Fair said:

2000 KX 250 (2-stroke).  What a hoot to ride.  I know the 4-strokes can be a bit easier, but it sure is easy to start when I watch the other guys kicking the pea-waddin out of their 450's.

Saw that Gorman is now closed, and really...I don't get it.  Can easily practice social distancing.  We are seeing if we can get to the other BLM land, hope that stays open!

None of this makes much sense.

Gorman is closed...really?  Looking for another place, heard Wagon Wheel is still open.  I think that's BLM land.  Any one fancy some dirt riding, maybe April 11?   I don't think Mayor Garcetti can turn the power off out there...

Looking for another place to ride this weekend.  I think there are a very few that are open...in SoCal.  We can socially distance, no one has to distance-shame us (if that isn't a term already, will be shortly).

• 1 month later...

Turns out that Jawbone Canyon was open, we stopped in there instead of going to Wagon Wheel.  Not as good for brand-new beginners, had to look to find harder ground (not slippery/soft).  Still had a good time, went with my daughter, she's still keen to keep riding.  Interesting that really have to work to keep the gradient of learning correct, and how big an issue it was being a little slippery, even in the staging area.