Traction Limits & Tire Squealing

Okay, I could use a sanity check. I caught this video of Troy Corser ripping around Hockenheimring on the new M 1000RR.  At various points in the video it sounds like his tires are squealing (and not just a little but a lot) from braking and corning forces taking his traction to the limit.  Is this what I'm hearing or is it something else?  I first hear it at 4:37. Also hear it at 6:05, 6:56, 7:09, 7:35, 7:53 and 8:16.  The clip is from the camera mount on the back of the bike facing forward. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU6PSQrH5vQ

You also hear it in the footage from the front mounted camera (which also happens to provide a good look at his riding line and throttle / braking / turn in reference points). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lwxr_KpDxc

So is it tire squeal or am I delusional?

Dave

The second video also gives you a great view of the M1000RR's display which is set to Race Track mode so you see exactly what is happening with his RPMs and braking deceleration levels. The throttle control and trail braking is impressive, as is the amount of time he spends living at 11,000+ RPMs. Also seems like there is not a single moment of coasting - he's either on the throttle or on the brakes. Good stuff. 

I didn't watch the entire thing but I heard what you heard and a small one at around the 3m:?? mark as well.

There remarkable thing to me is how he uses so little energy/effort to ride at this level.

Sanity and hearing are good!  That is impressive to watch and incredible the way it makes all the other bikes look like they're barely moving, especially getting on the power out of corners.  The squeals occur more the further the video goes on - clearly looks like a kid with a new toy who's starting to play around with it!  The one at 3:40m (ish) sounds like he's backing it in, but not sure if this is the case later on - the one at the 7:09 mark sounds like it's coming from the front as he steers, decreases steering and the bike's roll angle before getting back on the steering and power.

(I'm sure if Keith has a look he'll blow that idea out of the water, haha!)

Glad my ears weren't planing tricks on me. And agree, his riding is incredible. I didn't catch that he backed it in at the 3:40 mark. I'll have to watch it again.