Malaysia GP (don't read if you've not see it)

Cobie Fair

There is a lot to consider with that race, but I'm curious what you guys think about Ducati team orders?  Should there be some, and if so what?  The commentators mentioned if a rider is in contention (even if not close) for the title, should he just go for the win?

Long time since Stoner won a title for Ducati...

Interesting topic.  While riders are individuals they are part of a team and being part of team means not only working to secure a podium or championship for yourself but also the team.  If a rider is so far out of contention for the title then I think team orders are appropriate. But if two riders are truly in contention for the possible title, over whatever number of races remain in the season, then you have to let them race. That said, there should be clear instruction all passing needs to be clean and not risk any DNFs. There were times in the later stages of the race when Bastianini was so close to Bagnaia and sizing him up for possible pass it was nerve racking. Just imagine the reaction if a close or difficult pass had taken them (Pecco in particular) out of the race. The regrets would run deep.

Yeah, the announcers were commenting a lot on how close it got a few times...sure was entertaining :).

If I were on the Ducati management team, think I'd be missing some chunks of hair.

If I were on the Ducati management team, think I'd be missing some chunks of hair.

Ha. Ditto. While most of the Ducati senior guys still have their hair have you ever noticed how they all seem to have gone gray / white?