Original Soft Seat Vs. Hard Fiber-glass Seat

3 years ago I got new ZX6R and I installed full racing fibre-glass cowlings. The rear set was full ... I mean that I couldn´t use the original seat. The fibre-glass "seat" with thin padding was much harder and seating position was higher than with the original seat.

At first it felt way too uncomfortable and the body position was really "head-first" -all weight on arms -type.

After I got used to it I noticed few things.

It gave me grunt feel of the grip. It really gave total feedback what was going on at the back. With Dunlop tyres it carved on corners. The grip felt so good that it was almost unreal.

I got much more room for my legs and so it gave me chance to hang-off a lot more.

After couple track days with that I tested my friends stock Kawasaksi with the original seat it totally felt lacking that feel and feedback. The seat was just too soft and it felt also too low.

So I decided to keep my fibreglass seat....

Only bad thing was that under braking the center of the mass little bit too high resulting back wheel to stand up... but not significantly----

• 3 weeks later...

Only bad thing was that under braking the center of the mass little bit too high resulting back wheel to stand up... but not significantly----

There are a couple of things you can do with your body to help the back coming up, but if you don't mind me asking, have you done any of the Superbike Schools?

Best,

Cobie