Rent Gear Or Bring My Own?

I'm struggling with this issue, and could stand to hear the thoughts of some of you. I have full gear, but am a bit concerned about hauling it down on the plane, and worried about the airline losing it for me. What gear does the school provide? TIA,

Jeff

Jeff,

I have done it both ways; the first time I brought everything and the second time just my helmet. The first time it turned out to be so hot that day that I ended up wearing the School's perforated one piece suit.

In hindsight, I'm sure that the school hats would fit just as well because helmets don't travel well either. Even with a good helmet bag, it is a pain to carry because they don't fit under a plane seat and depending on plane size, not always in the overhead bin.

Kevin

Jeff,

If you are a regular sized guy, the AGV Sport suits work pretty well. If you are very unusally sized, really big chest, big legs, etc. then nothing is going to fit well.

Helmets can be particualr to shape of the head a little, but we don't get many complaints about the KBC's.

I'd say for sure let us supply the leathers, and if you are particular about the other gear, bring that. With our boots, I sometimes wear 2 pairs of socks, get a better fit that way.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have other questions.

Cobie

Jeff,

If you are a regular sized guy, the AGV Sport suits work pretty well. If you are very unusally sized, really big chest, big legs, etc. then nothing is going to fit well.

Helmets can be particualr to shape of the head a little, but we don't get many complaints about the KBC's.

I'd say for sure let us supply the leathers, and if you are particular about the other gear, bring that. With our boots, I sometimes wear 2 pairs of socks, get a better fit that way.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have other questions.

Cobie

That helps a lot, thanks. No problem on the size, 5'8" @ 165, so the leathers should fit. What brands of gear does the school supply?

That helps a lot, thanks. No problem on the size, 5'8" @ 165, so the leathers should fit. What brands of gear does the school supply?

AGV Sport. There are the shelf suits are pretty decent. They fit pretty well, good ventilation and pretty tough.

CF

AGV Sport. There are the shelf suits are pretty decent. They fit pretty well, good ventilation and pretty tough.

CF

How about the boots and gloves?

CF

Guess I should have been more complete with that answer! AGV Sport supplies boots and gloves also. Sometimes the boots need 2 pairs of socks, that's what I use.

CF

Guess I should have been more complete with that answer! AGV Sport supplies boots and gloves also. Sometimes the boots need 2 pairs of socks, that's what I use.

Thanks Cobie, I'll have to give it some thought!